"Lifetime" stator warranty

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperbill

Reaction score
A couple of years after I bought my '86 Aspencade I went through the 'defective stator - replaced by Honda - now you have a lifetime warranty' process. I was charged $1000 by the Honda dealer on what I thought should have been covered by them since they acknowledged it was a defective product. I lost to them in small claims court because the judge said, "Well, now you have a lifetime warranty, so the $1000 is well spent." He kind of ignored the Honda admission that I paid to replace a defective stator.

Anyway, after all these years the stator is still in good shape (or I'll find out for sure after the major overhaul the bike is going through right now) and the only change is that I replaced the burned out plug (actually caught fire while I was riding!) with a good solder job. If, however, the stator ever goes bad has anyone had any experience with Honda fulfilling their end of the lifetime warranty?

I hope I don't have to go through this at any point but since Honda dealers won't even work on our oldwings anymore I'm wondering what to look forward to.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141983#p141983:1cyhjgus said:
Omega Man » less than a minute ago[/url]":1cyhjgus]
That mod while I believe it to be a smart one will most likely void the warranty.

~O~
Good point and most likely true.

Good point! I guess I should have taken action against Honda when I was 'flaming' down the freeway :mischief: .

Well, if it goes out again I'll just trust it to my Goldwing expert and leave Honda out of it. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts