Flipping the Rear end...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198488#p198488:14dowqd7 said:
Ansimp » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 am[/url]":14dowqd7]
Check the build dates on your tyres, they are probably as old as the hills and that’s why they are cracking. :yes:

In my case(s), all of the tires I bought were less than 1 year old....most of the dates were only 4-5 months old. :yes: :mrgreen:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199364#p199364:3f3norzh said:
AApple » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 am[/url]":3f3norzh]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198488#p198488:3f3norzh said:
Ansimp » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 am[/url]":3f3norzh]
Check the build dates on your tyres, they are probably as old as the hills and that’s why they are cracking. :yes:

In my case(s), all of the tires I bought were less than 1 year old....most of the dates were only 4-5 months old. :yes: :mrgreen:

Same here. I'm sure the fault lies with me, I have neglected my tires in the past.:?

~O~

Low tire pressure can be a killer of good tire life and I certainly don’t check mine enough! :doh:

Still waiting for the tire to arrive, but I've had a glorious day so far...

This happened first YAY! new $2.00 Wallymart filter fails. It was hand tightened but the seal slipped on the other side where I couldn't see... Yeah, that's new oil wasted before I could shut her down.

image.php

Now this has been a glorious farce so far but I'm having the time of my life!

image.php

image.php

image.php

~O~

Nice work Randy. Make sure that you don’t have the old o ring under the filter, I got caught on Ruth’s
Diesel Forester with 2 oil filter seals and it leaks out heaps where the two seals meet each other. :doh:
I try not to do that ever again, but have almost been caught when changing the filter recently. I now do a stocktake to make sure that I have the old filters seal/o-ring in hand before installing the new filter with its seal.

:clapping:

Why remove the floorboards and rear crashbar? Also, there's no need to remove the front lower cowling to change the oil filter, tho it would certainly make it easier to clean up the mess your filter made....that sux! :rant: :rant:

Thanks guys, she's back on the road after 2mo. :shock: Did the oil change, topped off the clutch reservoir, and dumped 8oz of atf in a fresh tank of gas and after just a few miles she is running maybe the best she ever has. :rocks:

As for all the nightmare testimonials about "flipping the rear?" I'm not sure why they had such a hard time, it's seems to me they designed it to do just that. And as anyone who knows me around here I joined with ZERO cycle repair skills. Looking back now I guess I've learned a lot here. :thank_you:

And Joel, I can't remember why I did that, but I must have thought it helped. Oh and I've always taken the lower cowling off to change the oil filter. It's only the three easiest screws to remove.:?

~O~