Info needed on my new "Turd"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
:BigGrin:
Several discoveries today have me scratchin me punkin haid...
First off...this thing only has ONE rear air shock(on the right side). The left side has a "normal" coil-over set-up. What the heck is that? In perusing the Service Manual, I see that's how they are originally. Just kinda silly to me. I thought someone had replaced the left side shock, but nope...that's how it is.

Otay....I'm missing some switchgear or something on the right handlebar control...what is missing here?

Trying to install the Markland backrest, but apparently missing something here, too(a spacer of some sort)....what do I need?

Looks like there is something missing on the fairing side lights, too?

And finally(for now), what the heck is this knob for?

1500 wings rear shocks, coil over on the left and an air shock on the right. nothing is missing on the right handlebar of your wing, that is the location on the 1500se where the cruise control switches reside. spacers are missing for the back rest, I think there is a cover missing for the left front reflector. the silver knob next to the gas cap is to adjust idle speed

:thanks:

So...with no cruize control they just left the holes open? Or should there be some kind of "plugs" for the holes?

Another question...I thought this thing had a reverse....but the guy said it dint, and I haven't found a lever for it. I thunk ALL late 1500s had reverse....was that just on the SE/Aspys?

My cheat sheet said no reverse on Interstate models and that it could not be added later. Must have just been the Aspy/Se-I. I don't know about the shocks but there was no air compressor on it either.

only the aspencade and SE have reverse, that's why I asked which model you were looking at. I think revers is needed on 1500 and 1800 wings due to the weight of them, on level ground the can be moved backwards easy enough but on a slight incline its a different story. before I bought mine I found out all I could about 1500 wings and other than color I got what I wanted and needed