1500 guys...I need info

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
So I pull the top part of the bodywerk off today to swap the air filter, only to find it has a NEW filter in it already. Oh well...I needed to know how to do it anyway. However....in the process of lookin around, I found some small hoses that are disconnected from the front/lower sides of the carbs. Nothing is leaking, fluid-wise, tho a peek at the service manual shows that these two hoses are COOLANT hoses for the heat riser. There is also mention of fuel drain hoses, so it could be that. Both of the hoses are split on the ends, which is prolly why they are loose like this. Wonder what the heck is goin on here? I dint have any loooong needly-nose pliers to get to them and reattach them, so I had to leave them loose for now. Just wondering if that is really what these two hoses are for, or is something else amiss? I tried to take a pic, but it's really hard to get to that area, so I did the best I can. There's only one hose showin in this pic, but there is another hose right next to it, and I can see the two nipples that they fit on to.

If indeed they are coolant hoses they should 1 have clamps and 2 should be leaking big time. Since they aren't leaking and have no clamps I would guess they are likely drain lines or if coolant they are plugged at the other end.

Don't know if there is a difference or not, but the only Service manual we have here is for the '94 model, other than a generic manual that I believe was put out in '88....