Floorboard install

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Got my "new" boards installed yesterday. Had a few minor snags, but managed to work thru them. Now I can ride without fear of snapping the toes off my left foot on left turns... :yes:

My '81 had them when I bought it, so I was really used to the heel/toe set-up. The biggest issue on the 1500 is grabbin the toe of my boot on left hand turns....I've come close to snappin the end of my foot off a couple of times already....not a good feelin. :nea:

So the weather is good enough today to ride...and ride I did! New boards & shifter work great. Puts my feet a few inches farther forward, and a little lower, which I like. Downshiftin is a little tricky, because the toe peg is pretty close to the head on that side, and my big clodhopper boots make it difficult to manipulate the peg, but I'll figure it out. In the end, it's safer for me tootsies...and more comfy, too. :good:

Also. it still shifts nicely....snick-snick-snick, smooth as it can be. I was a little worried that it might make it not shift as nice, but it dint. :yes:

But....but...my feets sit too far back on pegs to be able to do that. :smilie_happy: My ankles just don't bend that far. :hihihi:

Weather here still holding out for some riding. Weird...here it is, December 28th, and it was 82 degrees today! :shock: :heat:
I am super happy with the boards on this 1500. They put my feet edzachary in the most perfect spot they could be(for me). So much better than the '81. Feels so natural now that I'm not even using the hiway pegs. :yes: