Tires....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :ahem:
:hihihi:
My intention was to replace them with new Dunlop EIIIs, but, apparently they don't make the EIII anymore. I found Dunlop American Elites....and E4s, but they don't have one(radial) sized for the rear. They DO have them in a bias ply.....and they're REALLY proud of them. :whistling:

1500 wings didn't come with radial tires from the factory so bias ply are good. I had Dunlop e-3's on my 1500 wing until my niece got a flat on the rear tire so now I have a low mileage e-3 up front and an e-4 out back

I have EIIIs front and rear now, and really wanted to replace them with the same....just not gunna happen. :crying:
The E4s seem to be the natural replacements, bias or radial. I just wanted to try a radial on it just to see how much better the ride would be, if any. I put Michelin radials on my old 750A years ago and the difference was unbelievable.

Don't actually need new tires right now, so it's not a "must do immediately" thing, but I will be replacing them soon as the weather gets too cold to ride in the next month or so. :yes:

Oh my ...there you go said to much...don’t really need them now ..I can already see the nails lining up in front of you ..like the comy protesters are doing .... :popcorn: :hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198037#p198037:175vv2pe said:
joedrum » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:22 pm[/url]":175vv2pe]
Oh my ...there you go said to much...don’t really need them now ..I can already see the nails lining up in front of you ..like the comy protesters are doing .... :popcorn: :hihihi:

:smilie_happy:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Ordered a set of E4s, a diff seal(it's leaking), and brake pads for the 1500 just now...sheeesh....a bit over $400!!! Two tires and pads for the 1100 are about $200 less! :heat:
Plus...I still need to find some Dynabeads....

ya...add anudder $20 for 4 oz of beads.... :fiddle:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198142#p198142:39uq0gme said:
AApple » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm[/url]":39uq0gme]
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Ordered a set of E4s, a diff seal(it's leaking), and brake pads for the 1500 just now...sheeesh....a bit over $400!!! Two tires and pads for the 1100 are about $200 less! :heat:
Plus...I still need to find some Dynabeads....

ya...add anudder $20 for 4 oz of beads.... :fiddle:
Buy the beads by the pound, that's what I do and it's cheaper.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=198149#p198149:2yxqpn40 said:
julimike54 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:56 pm[/url]":2yxqpn40]
Everything is going up, except the income :)
:yes: :(

:Awe:
Front tire got here day after I ordered it. Rear tire and dif seal have YET to be located/shipped, even tho it showed them to be in stock, "Ships within 1 business day". Dyna beads and braking pads will be here today("out for delivery"). I need the rear tire and diff seal before I even start tearing it down to do any of it. It's s'posed to be cold for the next couple of days...no riding, so that would be a good time to do this stuff. I may go ahead and do the front this evening, and hope they get the rear tire and seal to me before this weekend. If it doesn't show to be shipped by tomorrow, Imma guna hafta send them a nasty email. :rant: :rtfm:

btw, this is the same place I've been ordering tires from for several years with no issues. I'm not gunna throw them under the bus just yet.... :whistling: