My brother Kim rides the Rats Nest again, this time in Oz

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
Yesterday my brother Kim had the chance to ride the Rats Nest again but this time it was in my back yard not his. We set off from my house about 9am with Kim riding the Rats Nest and myself on Red. Our first stop was the pie shop on Tambourine Mountain for an Aussie meat pie and an Apple Turnover with fresh cream for breakfast. Kim raved about how smooth and poised the Rats Nest was and what a pleasure it was to be riding great Aussie roads together. As I wanted to give him a taste of my favourite roads close by home our next section was down the Goat Track to Caligabah Rd and as most of you are aware that have seen my videos, it is a pretty hairy off camber section when riding downhill and I thought Red would be a safer option for Kim. A quick familiarisation ride around the streets off North Tambourine and we were soon waiting at the top Stop-Go lights and I was given the thumbs up by Kim that we were all good to go. Our next stop was the Advancetown Hotel for a couple of schooners of XXXX Gold and a ride report before planning the next part of our ride. We then headed up Beechmont down the other side to Canungra and back up the Goat Track over Tambourine back to my house. Kim even rode Red up the Dreaded Driveway as in the morning I had ridden both bikes down so that his first riding experience in Oz wasn't a spill on the DD. Kim was impressed by the roads, Red and how close it was all to my home ( it's quite a hike from OC down to Ortega Canyon). It wasn't as good as our 2013 USA ride but it was pretty good considering it was only 85 miles instead of 4200 miles :yes: :yes:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=163261#p163261:2u3fr5q3 said:
mcgovern61 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:17 am[/url]":2u3fr5q3]
Sounds like a great day of riding!!! :clapping: :eek:k: :yes:
Great riding and excellent company Gerry :good:

I hope to post some photos and videos of our riding soon. It has been really hectic since Kim and his family arrived in Queensland on Monday and Dad arrived on Tuesday. Unfortunately I have had to work even though I had planned to have time off while they were all here. I am off to work in the morning for a few hours then we will all meet for lunch and afterwards visit our daughters place. Sunday should be spent at the excellent salt water beach/pool/ grotto at the Marriott until we put Dad on the plane in the afternoon. Kim and his family fly to Sydney on Monday so who knows when we will all be able to get together again ( we were all together last in Aug 2013 in LA).

:moped: :moped: :clapping: :good:
You shoudda let him ride down the DD to start with....THAT would have been exciting! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts