Boonah for breakfast

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I haven’t ridden Val for over a month and I finally got my chance on Thursday to use her for some work pickups. Both tyres needed air and oil and water was checked. There is a tiny leak from the thermostat housing which I haven’t figured out yet but the radiator is still staying full as it is recovering from the overflow bottle. Friday I ended up meeting two of the VJMC members for lunch at the Outpost Cafe in Canungra. We travelled over Mt Tambourine there and back using my favourite road to Canungra the Goat Track. Saturday morning was coffee at Springwood on the Rats Nest with the VJMC members with a whole lot of Vintage bikes present.
Sunday was a quick strap out to Boonah for breakfast and some backroads for the trip back home with a few refreshments.
A couple of F6Bs in Boonah’s Main Street.
Refreshment stop
:moped: :yahoo: :good: :salute:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201385#p201385:2ri52anm said:
wedoo2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 am[/url]":2ri52anm]
Meet me in Canungra. If that doesn't sound Australian I don't know what does.
:good: :hi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201385#p201385:1lbx7btx said:
wedoo2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:55 pm[/url]":1lbx7btx]
Meet me in Canungra. If that doesn't sound Australian I don't know what does.

I was thinking the same thing about Boonah! Great names for places over there.

About that thermostat leak: they have a funky perimeter seal that surrounds (actually fits over) the circumference of the thermostat. Sometimes very tricky to get seated properly.

Thanks Darrell for the heads up on the seal. I had great intentions to get it up on the lift and clean the bike as it deserves and find out the source of the coolant leak (pressure tester usually makes the source very apparent). Unfortunately work got in the way and Val is now back in tha garage and still weeping (very small amount) from her leak... :doh:

Latest posts