brian stops by for a ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow pretty bike
image.php

what a sharp looking 1200 standard ......hooch is hiding from camera LOL...it was like the honda ...and then the ugly ....went for great ride ...chatted about oldwings and his plans for the 1100 rebuild he going to do ....he has a great plan and parts to do it all.....

hooch perform well for me during the ride .....brian got a good view of it ....one ive never had yet ....i was happy to show someone on the forum the hooch bike ....both bikes were just smooth and quiet in the motor and i never heard a miss from either ....been long time since i rode v 1200 standard witch ran well brians seemed to run as well or better ....we talk some on the 1200 set up ...and his plans to change a few things to make it run cooler ....

its easy to tell the 1200 standard is quite the road dog as is ...curising at speed is nothing for it or hooch ...these bikes could rack some miles up easy ....860miles was quite the ride and brian looked rather fresh to me ....as i looked back on him in the mirror he was looking very comfortable at speed and feet on hi way pegs ....

the visit was small in time as he had to get back to his brothers for dinner ...but im sure glad he made the trip made my day ...great time for me :thanks:

I-95 scares me... a couple times I was traveling with the flow of traffic. I was not the fastest thing in the group and I looked down and saw 105. :shock: The bike was just humming along.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164483#p164483:2vjpmzjx said:
brianinpa » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:58 pm[/url]":2vjpmzjx]
I-95 scares me... a couple times I was traveling with the flow of traffic. I was not the fastest thing in the group and I looked down and saw 105. :shock: The bike was just humming along.

Come on... fess up, it was fun huh!?

~O~

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164483#p164483:27agzj1j said:
brianinpa » Today, 5:58 pm[/url]":27agzj1j]

I can relate (2 up :Doh2: ) I-35, they tend to sing up there!

Great to see two Oldwings out having some fun, looks like the 1200s enjoyed themselves as well. :smilie_happy: :good: :moped:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164496#p164496:5xo6xnxl said:
Omega Man » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:25 pm[/url]":5xo6xnxl]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164483#p164483:5xo6xnxl said:
brianinpa » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:58 pm[/url]":5xo6xnxl]

Come on... fess up, it was fun huh!?

~O~

You know how it is when everything is just right. Of course it was fun. A scary fun, but fun just the same.

Well in rush hour, or any busy time on the highway of any big city, is kinda troubling. :sensored: What if the bike lost fire, & you had to stop? Seems to run through my mind, every time i'm keeping up with traffic, at 20+ mph, bumper to bumper, :headscratch: so try to stay in the left lane to have a place to pull off, seems safer as right lane has too much lane shifting, on & off traffic. :yes: That 's also the fastest lane so away we go. :whistling:

well im glad i have a bike thats above most and that it that way mostly by my hands and the classic forum ....but i pretty much do not ticket chase as i cant afford it ....

im glad i was able to ride with hondas best 4 cylinder effort in the 1200 standard of brians ..what a sweet running bike ....brings full circle to the hooch build and what it is ...all the effort that was made makes it one of a kind in power and simplicity....id take this bike on any trip ...just as brian dose the standard 84 1200 and the numbers hes rack up ....

Agreed don't try for tickets either, :nea: but being closed in at the same basic speed will take my chances in the fast lane, :headscratch: for reasons stated before. Point being i do not go to the big city's unless i HAVE to, as i too am uncomfortable there! :whistling:

Latest posts