how to cancel a hotel room ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have the lake Michigan IBA ride coming up next Saturday and I plan on doing the ride on the mighty ST 1300 so I can put the IBA license plate bracket on it. with my room reserved I thought I was all set for next weekend but after talking with cousin jeff Friday I realized that my hotel reservation was in the wrong city, I reserved a room in kalamazoo, mi. when I should have gotten a room in grand rapids, mi. it would be over an hour ride to get up to g-rap from k-zoo, no something I want to do then start an IBA ride. I couldn't find a way to cancel the reservation in k-zoo so at 5:55 Saturday morning I hit the road. I made a stop at the marathon station and filled up the mighty ST 1300, one tank full would be more than enough to get me out to k-zoo. it was a beautiful morning to get out for a ride, sunny sky, cool light breeze and not much traffic. the breeze was cool enough that I made a quick stop at m-39 and outer drive st.to put a fleece jacket on under my joe rocket ballistic jacket

I took I-94 west and just past us-24 there was construction, it didn't last long. in ann arbor, mi. I noticed the temp was dropping and close to Jackson, mi my hands were cold, the temp was down to 53º so I stopped to changed gloves. from there out to k-zoo was easy riding. I took 131 north to Byron, center, mi. I passed by a leo sitting in the median of the expressway, he was pointed south bound and I was heading north going about 85mph in a 70mph zone. I made it to Byron center about 9:a ( just south of g-rap ) I stopped in at the comfort inn and made a reservation for next Friday then rode over to where we will be starting our IBA ride and had breakfast. I headed south on 131, hope that that leo took a doughnut break I'm still doing 85 :), he wasn't there. I went back to k-zoo and found the hotel and canceled my reservation. I stopped at the bp station and filled up, I rode about 238 miles on that tank. i really didn't need gas but i wouldn't have to stop for gas on the way home. it was about 12:15 so I bummed around k-zoo for awhile then headed east for battle creek, mi. for a short ride around the city. the temp had gone back up and I had put away the fleece jacket and changed back into summer gloves after having breakfast, the temp gage on the mighty ST 1300 was showing 85º so I stopped in marshall, mi for water and gator aid, I got a couple of pizza rolls form hungry Howie's too. I had to wait for the pizza rolls to be cooked but I didn't mind cause it gave me time to cool off and drink the green apple gator aid.

with the pizza rolls and water put away in the trunk I got my butt back on I-94 and headed east, it's hot and there sure was a lot of traffic! just west of Jackson, mi. I stopped in the rest area to beat the heat, I pulled in the pickle park and found a shady area. I ate one of my pizza rolls and drank the water I had, it was still cool and it felt good to be out of the sun. it was just after 13:00 and I watched traffic and took a twenty minute break. things always slow down going through ann arbor, mi. the expressway is only two lanes and there is always too much traffic, they really need a third lane going through there. I didn't want to deal with the construction on I-94 up near us-24 so I exited the expressway at middlebelt rd. and took it north to us-12. on us-12 in Dearborn, mi I stopped at harbor freight to look at the motorcycle jack, I think I need one. I made it to m-14 and Schafer rd. around 17:30 to see some friends. home is only about a mile and a half from there, I got home with 305 miles on the tripometer. next time I think I'm going to call to make / cancel reservations........... maybe :)

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175229#p175229:3qpbbz5t said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:17 pm[/url]":3qpbbz5t]
i pan on being done in 20 - 22 hours
No sleep? :headscratch: That alone eliminates me from participation.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175230#p175230:78nqwluh said:
slabghost » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:33 pm[/url]":78nqwluh]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175229#p175229:78nqwluh said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:17 pm[/url]":78nqwluh]
i pan on being done in 20 - 22 hours
No sleep? :headscratch: That alone eliminates me from participation.
22 - 23 hours with an hour nap in there somewhere

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175936#p175936:1z5fdohx said:
slabghost » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am[/url]":1z5fdohx]
Wow! I wouldn't be able to walk after that.
well there was a screw up at the hotel and i had no room to go back to, i ended up riding another two hours to get home

Latest posts