A quick ride to Springwood on Val

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
Would of liked to take the Rats Nest for a ride today but is was boxed in by the half assembled BMW, the engine crane ( with old r1200GS engine hanging off it) and Ruth’s Outback. Not that I am complaining about riding Val but the RN could do with a strap.
A couple of pictures at Springwood Suzuki.
I decided to stop past a mate from the VJMC house on the way home. Unfortunately he has pancreatic cancer and was given 1-3 months back in July. He has attempted all sorts of treatment including chemo which he bought himself a 3 wheel Piaggio scooter so he could ride into town himself for treatment. Unfortunately it has now come to the end of conventional treatments and all he has left is the witch doctor remedies. He is now down to only 65kgs and it was good to get the chance to visit with him today. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with him in the next couple of weeks again.

So sorry for your friend. Even death has to wait for the stubborn man. He's made a valiant fight.

Thanks for the well wishes for our mate Ron guys. :good:
Happy Birthday Maurice!!! :salute: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Well we didn't head to Springwood today instead some of the VJMC members wanted to head to the Off the Wall Diner at Wellington Point. I asked my mate Pete to come along on the Hulk ( custom CB1300) and one of his mates (Paul) that he trained up with his license a couple of months ago.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191727#p191727:33jc07dh said:
desertrefugee » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:58 am[/url]":33jc07dh]
Nice day trip. I'd love to run the area. How could you not want to go places with names like: Coochiemudlo Island, Woongoolba, Windaroo and Chamber's Flat?
Come on down Darrell, I am sure we could find a bike for you to ride around and see the sights. :yes: