the brake pad ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a look at the rear brakes on the mighty ST 1300 Friday and yes it is time to replace them. today I was on the road about 05:15 so I could try and aim the large driving lights better, living in the city the street lights are no help when trying to adjust lights. I got them aimed up some but I'm still not happy with them. I took m-153 west to us-24, going south I was at us-12 about a mile later. I took us-12 west to carpenter rd. and headed south, the sun wasn't up yet and traffic was very light. the mighty ST 1300 was showing an air temp of 52º I made a right turn on stony creek rd. and once again headed west, this is farm country out here. the pavement got really rough although they are starting to repave part of it. I made a left on Tecumseh rd. and headed south for Dundee, mi. it was still real early, the sun was just rising. at m-50 I made a left turn and took it to us-23 and took it south into ohio

William try adjusting your lights against a wall or garage door. You will have to mess around a bit as you will need to sit on your bike to get an accurate reference point but you should be able to compare it to the unladen spots and adjust accordingly. If you measure these points it will make for easy realignment in the future.

the folks in ohio must get up earlier than the folks in Michigan cause there was much more traffic once I crossed the boarder. it was all good because traffic was still moving at a brisk pace and I made it to o-25 very fast. after a quick stop to get the paper out of my pocket with the dealer info on it I made my way there but the dealer was closed as I knew they would be cause it was only 07:30 and they don't open until 09:30. I decided to bum around town to see what I could see. I took rt-2 over to the north side of the Maumee river but there wasn't much to see there cause its all residential along the road and leads you back to downtown Toledo which is where I wanted to go. once back downtown I took o-25 back out to Maumee to the dealer, I still had a few minutes to wait before they opened

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190477#p190477:3efdg7dk said:
Ansimp » Sat May 13, 2017 6:53 pm[/url]":3efdg7dk]
William try adjusting your lights against a wall or garage door. You will have to mess around a bit as you will need to sit on your bike to get an accurate reference point but you should be able to compare it to the unladen spots and adjust accordingly. If you measure these points it will make for easy realignment in the future.
I can't get close to my garage my broke down car is in the way plus when steve installed the lights he put the upper and lower lights on the same switch so either there is too much light from the street lights or one set of lights is washing out the other or both

after buying some rear brake pads for the mighty ST1300 I headed west on us-20. I stopped to get some gas before heading north on us-23, the temp gage on the mighty ST 1300 was showing 63º by then. I made a stop at the welcome center but there was a line for the mens room so I left, usually it is never crowded, this was a first. I exited us-23 at I-94 and took it east to m-39, lots of Michigan traffic now but I made it home in less than 45 minutes from there and another 218 miles put on the odometer

Any wall will do for setting the headlights. I used the wall at the place where I worked last time I adjusted. It had parking spots along the wall.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190485#p190485:fr43hjjc said:
slabghost » Sun May 14, 2017 11:21 am[/url]":fr43hjjc]
Any wall will do for setting the headlights. I used the wall at the place where I worked last time I adjusted. It had parking spots along the wall.
:good:

Latest posts