cut it short

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left home Friday for a 2 1/2 hour ride north to kawkawin, mi to meet up with my friend tim at his mother-in-law's place but had my days wrong, tim wouldn't be there until Saturday but I had a nice chat with his mother-in-law and her husband. from there it was another two hours up and over to Kalkaska, mi to meet up with tom, he was still out riding with friends when I made it to the motel that they were staying at. not wanting to sit around and be bored I took m-72 over to traverse city, mi. and after a few pic's at a roadside park I took a look at my Michigan map and then made my way on to m-22, had a nice ride down m-22, took a couple of pic then started back for traverse city just after entering the city I heard a pop, not a good sign so I made a U-turn and took m-37 south to m-115. by the time I made it over to clare, mi. I needed both gas and food so I stopped at burger king for food even though I didn't want it. it was just before 20:00 and my left arm was a bit sore. I at as much as I could by 20:25 ( I'm a slow eater ) and threw the rest in the garbage then went across the street and filled the tank of the mighty ST 1300, with less than 250 miles home I knew I wouldn't need any more gas for the trip. running 80 - 95mph I made it home about 22:15, that popping sound I heard earlier was catching up with me and with the bike in front of the house I went in and took a nap until 01:10

once back up I was determined to get the mighty ST 1300 in the backyard even though I couldn't raise my left arm any higher than my stomach. I had to move the van out of the way first then struggled with the bike to get it in the yard but I did it then went back to bed. after a few more hours of sleep I uploaded the pic's I had taken to the computer but the m-22 pic's were missing so I guess once I get better i'll have to ride back to traverse city and ride m-22 again for more pic's but here are the pic's I did take. the tank was in kawkawin, mi. the roadside park is in traverse city, mi. and the iron works was in clare, mi.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191220#p191220:343gr7wp said:
mcgovern61 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 am[/url]":343gr7wp]
William, I hope you are OK? Why can you not raise your left arm?
I have a pinched nerve and herniated disc in my neck and every once in awhile it will act up and cause muscle tension. until the muscles relax I have limited mobility. here it is Tuesday and I can still feel tension across my shoulders though the headache is gone. I'm going to have to ride the mighty ST 1300 to work soon so cousin jeff can finish up the work on the fuel cell

+1 Hope that you come good soon William. Nice pictures as always. :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191245#p191245:2xpq2kvg said:
Ansimp » Tue May 30, 2017 11:28 pm[/url]":2xpq2kvg]
+1 Hope that you come good soon William. Nice pictures as always. :thanks:
feeling much better this morning, got 6hrs of sleep last nite. back to being as normal as I can be :)

Glad you are feeling better. My ride today was cut short by the weather. Went out it was warm and sunny. Rode home in a thunderstorm of cold rain and hail. Brrr.

Pretty sure mine doesn't. No damage though. Storm passed and I dried it some and took another ride. Climate has been changing since it first appeared. Still going strong! Not at all worried about it.

Latest posts