June 19 - Glacier National Park and Points Between!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, oh, am I due. I have been working harder the last couple of months than at any other time in my waning career. I'm getting too old for this <bleep>. But, knowing that the long road is ahead sure makes it easier to deal with! I will provide commentary once underway. Not a lot of detail, likely just a note here and there.

Woot!
Long Ride!.jpg

I showed this quick-n-dirty proposed route to my riding partner. He didn't like it. A touring master, he's pretty much a human GPS and detests superslab and/or 4 lane. The plan now is to up through Western Colorado and Wyoming and the return trip will be through Utah. Oh, and 95% 2 lane blacktop. Probably 5 days en route both ways.

I happened to check the long range weather today for Glacier NP. Had to laugh. Let's just say that it'll be a lot different than Phoenix this time of year. Good thing we're not leaving until June 17. Snow in the forecast with daytime temps in the 30s are happening now. Might warm up to 50F or so by the time we get there...
The weekend before!.jpg

Only a few miles can be very different weather. Several hundred miles and a few thousand ft elevation will be a dramatic difference.