Lake Havasu in February?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody in SoCal/Arizona/Vegas interested in a Winter run to Lake Havasu? Nice destination, good eats, the Lake, The Colorado River, the London Bridge, a Wildlife Refuge, a nice run down the river past (or into) the Parker Dam.

Camping is to be had, but given that it would be "Winter", I'd probably opt for a motel. They're cheap this time of year. I'd recommend January (43F@night - 65F@day) or February (46F@night - 70@day) before Spring Break kicks in beginning in March.

If there's enough interest, I'll dig into specifics.

It’s been about 40 years since I have been in that area. Would love the chance to be riding those locations, maybe sometime in the not too distant future. :beg:

I am definitely interested, Its been a dry winter so far here in the Wasatch Mountains but feb-april is usually when we get hit with the snow making it difficult to ride out of here, However I can trailer the bike to St. George or Vegas and then onto the meet.

Guys, this trip might be morphing a bit. OK, maybe a lot. Two things: 1) I've been to Havasu a couple of times and prefer going places I haven't been. 2) Looking at the motels, most have unpleasant reviews, mainly stemming from the fact that this place draws somewhat of a party crowd and, apparently, the motels show it. Both times before, I was traveling by RV and didn't do a motel inspection.

So the changes are 1) From February to March and 2) from Havasu to Death Valley!

The distance from the SoCal/LA area is pretty much a wash, but increases considerably for those of us in Metro Phoenix. I don't mind - I've never been through Death Valley. If folks are on board with this, I'll start another thread. I already have one of my riding buddies here ready to saddle up.

I've driven through Death Valley several times and offer: someone should carry a full two gallon gas can because it is a good distance to the next station and someone will forget to fill up before they enter the valley.

Nanny advice aside, it's a beautiful drive and I envy you being close enough to ride there and back.

Good riding

Tom

I think you should start a new thread, I've been mapping and checking on fuel availability in the park, My route down I-15 to Vegas then to the park is about 9 hrs, Looks like about 8 hrs from metro Phoenix area and less for the SoCal riders.

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=199757#p199757:36pv1kth said:
UTgl1000 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm[/url]":36pv1kth]
I think you should start a new thread, I've been mapping and checking on fuel availability in the park, My route down I-15 to Vegas then to the park is about 9 hrs, Looks like about 8 hrs from metro Phoenix area and less for the SoCal riders.

Good idea.

Here it is!

https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12822

Status
Not open for further replies.