Rear caliper 1983 Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeandjo68

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the front left caliper is the same as the rear caliper. I cannot find a rear one. I have read and heard that they may be the same, but am wanting to verify before I buy a new one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

hmmmm good ? .....83 yr ...this is the linked brake set up ....im assuming the left front brake is the one in the linked brake system and is smaller than the other side front brake .....if it was me id try and hook it up as oppose to buy another one for the rear...im guessing its the same ...im also guessing it will not make a big difference anyway if wrong ...i bet it dose fine if it hooks up rear

Remove the bad rear caliper and see if it fits up front. If it does the front should fit the rear.

I'm not sure if a front caliper would have enough clearance around the rear rotor, which is much thicker than the fronts - if I remember correctly. That being said, if it will mount, it should work...