shocks crossover air line

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindNWing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While removing the instrument cluster from my 83 interstate I heard the air hiss from the crossover line on the front shocks. I lifted the line to see where the leak was and it broke in another place, :crying: It surprised me how weathered and brittle it was.

Fearing the 15 to 20 bucks the Honda stealer might charge, I tried four auto supply stores first with no luck.

At the Honda shop click, click on the computer and “Sorry, no longer available” I asked, “what’s a guy to do?”. Two salesmen and two answers: get a newer bike.....go without air shocks. :head bang: Neither worked for me.

Last shot, the local NAPA dealer. Gold! :yahoo:
The tubing is for a semi tractor brake line and the ferrules allow you to use the origional fittings.

Tubing part # NT10002BK-100, .23 cents per foot.
Ferrule part # 601 X 2, .25 cents each two required.
Add .06 cents for the state and my total bill was .79 cents! Life is good. :clapping:

isnt it amaxing the anwers you get from so called professional help .....it just gose to show a person what there agenda is and it has nothing to do with serving the publiic .....honda is no different than goverment ....they have no intrest in what people who own there old bikes need or even care to give them a decent answer to a question .....these bikes are our bikes and have nothing to do with honda any more ......i love to laugh in there faces when given the chance just to teach the young people what kind of a company they work for so they wont be egnorant to the fact of what and who they work for ....glad to hear you took care of buisness and did it yourself for nothing right out of thin air good going :mrgreen:

:hi: Thanks for the info :clapping: ...I will store it untill needed :good: ..... right now i have a parts bike i can scrounge from but later :?: .... who knows..... thanks for sharring the info :thanks: that is what this site is all about....Bob :party: