leds on front turn and running lights

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog

Reaction score
i tried several led 1157 and most would not let the running lights work ,then i added a 5amp diode in the wire that powers the turn signal the bar on the diode goes toward the socket .if you get it wrong it won't work then flip it around and it will work. most leds need this i only found two or three brands that didn't
pm me if you need more info

i didn't try several electronic flashers i just had one ,but that didn't work until i isolated the running light. but after hearing from you i think i'll try a different electronic flasher.
thanks

look closely at the labels when you select your flasher unit. Some of the new thermal flashers look much the same and they aren't labeled clearly. I got confused a bit looking for one at the local parts store.

n2ppn":1npohj9w said:
More importantly is the turn signal clicker/beeper on the 81's... it won't work without a resistor with the LED bulbs...

Rich

I am considering switching everything over to LED so I can use some 55 watt bulbs in my driving lights, so this post has my interest. What won't work without the resistor: the clicker/beeper or LEDs in general? I have tried one turn signal and it doesn't blink, so I was sure I need a newer flasher, but could the clicker/beeper be the cause of my problem?

there's a surplus store by me that has buzzers for 2.00 dollars ,you just run a 5 amp diode from each turn signal wire to the buzzer ground the other side .

bill if you have any ? 651 -797 -8534

yeah but not all leds are i tried a few brands,i ended up with the ones o 'riely sells
bill

if they ask about it just say it's a wing thing