Vetter Vents added

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindNWing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to a sweaty head in my full face on hot days, I had already cut my windshield down to 20" high. That didn't help much although I like the look much better than a tall shield.
One more try. I installed two round Vetter vents and once again the air flow wasn't all I had hoped for. The vents work well as far as snapping open and closed.
The procedure was straight forward. I covered the area with painters tape, drilled the pilot hole first and then cut out the 3 1/4" hole. the air seems good through the vents but dissipates about 12" from the shield and my face is about 18" back. :head bang:
I don't plan to give up riding OR my full face so maybe I'm just stuck with a wet head! :headscratch: :smilie_happy:

Looks great Gary. You can try turning them. Opening direction does matter. They aren't the most effective though.

My helmet has small vents top and bottom but I don't see much difference opened or closed.
If anyone uses a fullface that has good air flow, it would be nice to hear from them. :beg:

Mine has pretty good vents but. Behind the shield and fairing there isn't a lot of airflow getting through. It works fine on my bikes without fairing.

The side air deflectors do help even though air is mostly pushed at my waist area, the air travels up and helps.
I cut in a louvered vent, helps a very small amount with heat. I originally cut it in to see if it would get rid of buffetting, nope.

WindNWing":2omgine7 said:
image.php

My old '76 750A had a Shadow Royal fairing, with round vents like that, but they were out closer to the edge of the windshield. Those things let a ton of air past the windshield when opened, and turned just right. Made a huge difference in the summertime here in Texas. :heat:
I think the side air deflectors would be a big help, too. I plan on getting some meself...eventually.
750vent.jpg

I have seen where some have wind deflector beside the shield. Positioned right they could bring in a lot of air. They are like side wings to the shield. No idea where to purchase any but I've thought about making some.