Fairing air vents

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles franz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the simple way to install the fairing lower air vents? I had that challange a while ago, Spent about 2 hours on one side, Need less to say I am old enough to have a little cents, so I walked Away!!! Thanks Charlie In NC

I assume you're talking about the small screens on the outside... What finally worked for me was liquid dish soap as a lube, and a small screwdriver to help guide the flanges in and keep the boots in place. A few choice words also helped!

Thanks Steve, Yea, It is those TERRIBLE screens, I took them off when I painted the fairing, I will try this, this afternoon, I know it is hindsight now, but it would have been better to use tape and paper!!!! Thanks, Charlie

First of all, I want to say Thanks for the reply, I tried the soap, but once I got it on my hands, It did not want to work real well. I am a retired guy and the older I get the more meds the DR give me. My best part of the family always takes the labels of the bottles off and saves them for me, I had cut some wedges to hold the rubber in but the senior moment set in, I looked over and saw the bag of bottles and thought hmmmm, Took the lids and put them in to hold the inner in, as I pushed the vent in it pushed the bottle lids up in the plenum, all worked real well, Use the air hose and blow them out of the top,BUT please remove the top vent FIRST!!! I was blonde at one time and now gray!!! Thanks folks, Charlie