Pneumatic Brake Bleeder Kits

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean chas I am in the same kind of slump, must finish the 80 to sell, get the boat ready to sell , the radial arm saw that has been in the garage and many other things...talk about a bucket list!!! this is a list to empty the BucketAfter seeing the mess my brother in law left my sister I have decided to ger rid of most of my prokects so my better half won't have to....you know those projects that have been waiting years to get started...well it is time to just admit they won't get done and get rid of them.....THEN I CAN FIND OUT HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO FIND OUT I NEEDED THEM :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Just need to get the energy.. maby tomorrow :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: I have one of those see my albume, works great :clapping: :clapping:

Those are handy to get the fluid down to the bleeders quicker, for sure. My problem with them is, once you pull a vacuum on the system, there's nothing to keep it from drawing air in past the seals, since the seals are designed to keep fluids IN.The lips of the seals face inward, which, under a vacuum load, could draw air in past them. Therefore, the secret to using these to actually bleed the system is to use as little vacuum as possible.
The guys in the shop use one of those to bleed hydraulic clutches, and they NEVER can get all the air out, for some reason.....they'll suck on one for hours, until they give up and ask me what the problem is. :builder: :hihihi:

I use one often at work to flush brake fluid. One thing to be aware of, it will suck air past the threads of the bleeder screw, which is not really much of a problem, but remember you gotta close the bleeder screw BEFORE you disconnect or shut down the vacuum, or vacuum will draw air back into the system.

And I have experienced the same thing AApple said, some systems it just won't work on. I have never used it on the bike because I can reach the levers to pump while bleeding. I just run a clear plastic hose from the bleeder screw down into a mayonnaise jar.

I have made a similar tool with the mayonnaise jar with a hose to reach a vacuum port and use engine vacuum to do the pulling.

Way too complicated guys, all you need is an Ivory dish soap bottle and a piece of clear 1/4 in. gas line hose . Slip the hose on the nipple of the soap bottle lid fill the bottle and slip the other end on your brake bleeder. Be sure and break it loose so you can use a small open end wrench on the bleeder.Remove the cap on your brake reservoir and use a sponge or something to remove most of the fluid . Turn the bottle upside down and slowly squeeze until all the bubbles stop coming. Tighten your brake bleeder and your done, Sounds difficult but it is really easy. Works perfectly. picked that up from an old mechanic friend of mine . Foolproof.

No, it just forces all the air in the lines, out the top of the reservoir. When all the bubbles quit coming out, ( which is air), Close the bleedre and you're done. It's called back bleeding.

It sure must be hard to git those big spunges into theso small master cylenders :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: woops sorry about that my eyes are gitting worse them my fingers.... but at first look I thought he was using a SPONGE ..I do'y like needles so that syringe word is not in my friendly word dictionary so NEVER MIND :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :oops: :oops: :lazy: :whistling: :whistling:

jrscamhlspouse":31hodq1d said:
No, it just forces all the air in the lines, out the top of the reservoir. When all the bubbles quit coming out, ( which is air), Close the bleedre and you're done. It's called back bleeding.

I have seen that trick on other message boards and tried myself. I used a shringe (60 ml capacity).
I couldn't push the plunger in at all. Was the shringe too small?

I have XS750 front brake which feels really soft. The lever almost touches the grip. Yet I can lock the front wheel with that. I used Yamaha FZ1 master cylinder and two piston calipers from FZR600 or something.. Is this just a too much leverage kinda situation? I use steel braided brake lines.

EDIT: actually calipers are from GSX750F I think.

I've also used something like this kit. It's handy and works well on small systems like motorcycles/ATVs, etc. but the volume is too small for use on something large like a car. The pump works both ways, vacuum at one nipple and pressure at the other nipple. So you have the option to pull the new fluid down or push the new fluid back up.

scdmarx":2vn156yw said:
I've also used something like this kit. It's handy and works well on small systems like motorcycles/ATVs, etc. but the volume is too small for use on something large like a car. The pump works both ways, vacuum at one nipple and pressure at the other nipple. So you have the option to pull the new fluid down or push the new fluid back up.
Forgot to include the link. https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/brakes/mityvac-vacuum-pump-39522.html