Frogg Toggs outer wear

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
I bought a set of the Frogg Togg Road Toad motorcycle rain gear and they work great! Very lightweight (almost like paper) and make an excellent wind breaker. However, they let air pass through and stop all water. I wore them to break the wind from my arms to prevent wind burn and they actaully helped to keep me cool (95 degree weather 100% humidity). My wife also verified that you can see the reflective strips real well from a car while riding at night. (I used them at night on the PA Turnpike while the family rode in the car). Anyway, for the price, they are well worth it!

https://www.froggtoggs.com/?outerwear/mo ... le/FT1032/

Attachments

• Frogg Toggs.jpg
    Frogg Toggs.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 803
Thanx for the review, Gerry! I've heard similar good reports about froggy togs....been savin up to get me some meself! :clapping:

I also use FROGG TOGGS (road toads) and can second that opinion.I love them,and the breathabilty is awsome.Great for warm climates,nothing worse than plastic rain suit on a hot day.

HEY just found a dealer with in 25 miles of my place, will have to go check them out for the Mrs. I have a suit that's made of what looks like the same kind of material, but don't think they are Frog Toggs :good: :good:

Ive been toying with purchasing a 5.11 Tactical jacket and decided on the Aggressor Parka. I also wanted the Response Jacket even though it has the hidden flaps for "Police". I wanted these for wear over my existing fleece and for regular winter wear.
:fishin:

Winger 82":23d41gvy said:
HEY just found a dealer with in 25 miles of my place, will have to go check them out for the Mrs. I have a suit that's made of what looks like the same kind of material, but don't think they are Frog Toggs :good: :good:
I sure am glad it is made of "some kind of material" as long as it is not made out of metal material.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

toytender01":1in7lh6f said:
Winger 82":1in7lh6f said:
I sure am glad it is made of "some kind of material" as long as it is not made out of metal material.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:fishin: :fishin: :fishin: :fishin: :fishin: :fishin: :fishin:

We've been using them for about 10 years now. Wife still has her original set for riding. I bought another set 2 years ago for riding & still use the top from the old set in my work truck.

Well, it has been 8 years and the jacket finally bit the dust. I hit a rainstorm coming back home from Cape May with the Tag A Long trailer and I pulled out my trusty Frogg Toggs to suit up. Well, the bottom of the zipper guide broke as I was pulling and could not zipper up no matter I tried. The jacket is a bit faded from riding in the hot sunny weather during summer riding (the jacket acts like a shadow/tent, keeps the sun off your arms and body). The material has help up fantastic and other than the zipper just breaking, the suit always keep me dry in the rain.

Looks like new rain gear needed. Too bad they do not make the Road Toggs anymore. :beg: :cheeky:

I didn't think it rained in Sin City...

I have the Kikker II and when I was riding from Florida to PA in a monsoon, everything inside the Frogg Toggs stayed dry. Everything outside of the Frogg Toggs was wet. When this set is worn out, I know where I am looking to get my next set of rain gear.