Biker Shades

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinpa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The older I get, the worse I get... My wife would agree with that statement in general terms, but I am referring to my eyesight. I have 20-20 in one eye and 20-15 in the other, but up close, I can't see a darn thing. I need reading glasses to read the GPS or in some cases to see the gages clearly - sure I can make out where the needle is pointing, but I cannot see the numbers on the speedo, so am I going 60 or 80?

I also like to wear sunglasses when riding or driving but have you ever tried to wear reading glasses over your sunglasses? It isn't very fashionable. I asked at the local eye doctor and was given a price of upwards of $600 to get a pair of Oakley sunglasses that have bifocals, but for that price, I'd rather look unfashionable as I ride down the road.

Then on my trip up from Texas John and I were talking about the ride we supposed to take together and he mentioned that he wanted to stop and get a new pair of sunglasses because they have bifocals and they cost less than $40... :shock:

Well I got on the web and started looking and found biker shades sells them for a lot less than Oakley does! https://www.bikershades.com/bifocals/

I bought two: one pair of clear and one pair of tinted sunglasses and have since been back to buy another pair of tinted glasses. Three pair of bifocal glasses for less than $60.00! Now when I ride, I know how fast I am going, I can see the directions that the GPS is giving me, and I didn't spend a fortune doing it.

I am not a paid spokesman for Bikershades... just a happy customer. :BigGrin:

I get mine at goodwill for $1 Us ole Geezers are dropping like flys and more of our stuff like glasses end up there ever day. Nice selection for fit and fashion too boot :ahem:

I have sunglasses that fit over/around my regular tri-focals....aboot $20 at Wallywerld. Been wearing these same shades for over 15 years. They're polarized, also. I wear them even when it gets dark, until it's just TOO dang dark(10pm or so). I couldn't ride, or drive a car without them. We gotta do what we gotta do! :good:

Solar Shields

They got em with magnification on tha bottom clear on tha top . Thats what I use. I Used to have a pair of trifocals. magnification top and bottom clear in tha middle for overhead work.