Cramp Buster Throttle control

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
Ever get sore forearms or wrists from holding that throttle in a death grip on a long trip? NO MORE!! Get a cramp buster! Cheap, slips on any throttle grip, fully adjustable and works great! I have carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and Dupuytron's contracture in my right arm and hand and long trips were brutal!

Added a cramp buster and now can ride continuously without issue. In summer 2010 a took a 2800 mile trip using this along with my throttle lock and no longer had any problems!

https://cascadecycle.com/crampbuster.htm

Yeah baby! I don't go more than a few miles without one.
My right arm is usually sore with carpal and tennis elbow from so many years working with (abusing) my hands.

Ah, one thing to put on the list to bring for the August ride.

I think I probably need to address grips before long. Maybe I should consider something like that. I've noticed my wrist getting a little stiff sometimes.

Not to jack the thread, but my bike has a mechanical cruise control. I reckon these aren't good in traffic, but what about open road?

Mark

MarkB":3ui3dxqx said:
I think I probably need to address grips before long. Maybe I should consider something like that. I've noticed my wrist getting a little stiff sometimes.

Not to jack the thread, but my bike has a mechanical cruise control. I reckon these aren't good in traffic, but what about open road?

Mark
I have one too and they work on level ground but not even the slightest incline. It really is only a throttle lock.

I messed up my right wrist once making a trip from KC to Houston then to SA and back without a palm buster, I just last night ordered a throttle lock off ebay for like 23 bucks so I don't do any more damage to my nerves in my palms and wrists...Man it was damaged for a spell, several months had to wear a brace and all...Nothing perminent....

I've got these type grips on mine, along with a throttle lock/"Cruize Control". Makes a big difference, fer sher.

AApple":2erwxbqy said:
I've got these type grips on mine, along with a throttle lock/"Cruize Control". Makes a big difference, fer sher.

i had that one too ( on both wings ) but replaced it with the larger size one for my iso grips. my 1500 does have cruise control and the 1200 has a throttle lock

Those grips make a difference too, I had the old rubber ones back then, since then I got those ISO grips..They are great..

Yup...that's the one I have. There are small screws on the end that allow you to move the palm rest, to suit you. I like mine....