JC Whitney slipping big time...or JC Whitney steps up! (update)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time I ordered from JCW was the windshield, and I didn't get a email with a tracking number until the day after I get the delivery. I just chalked it up to a glitch, and decided I'd continue to do business with them because my previous favorite supplier cheapcycle parts was slipping worse. CCP takes payment for products they know are back ordered for months and just keep your money till you call to cancel your order.

Anyway, I decided to get a new clutch cable and ordered through JCW, on Wednesday of last week. Hmm, no tracking info on Friday so I call...

Me - bla bla bla, has my cable shipped?
girl #1 - Your order is in stock but has not shipped we expect it to ship today and we'll send you tracking info when we get it.
Me - Thanks, have a nice day.

No email Friday, Saturday, Sunday(didn't expect it anyway on Sunday). Monday today 4PM still no Email, so I call...

Me - bla bla bla, has my cable shipped?
girl #2 - Your order is in stock but has not shipped we expect it to ship today and we'll send you tracking info when we get it.
Me - I was told the exact same thing on Friday of last week, I ordered on Wednesday. The part is in stock?
girl #2 Yes sir.................................
Me - I'll tell ya what, I'd like to talk to a supervisor.
girl #2 Ok sir, let me see if I can find one.
Me - I'll hold thank you.

At this point I talk to "Art" the supervisor who is nice and I explain how I could have spent a little more for Honda original and sent my money to Japan instead of doing business with a company based here in America. He thanked me for doing business with JCW and told me he was going to make it a priority that my cable be shipped as soon as possible. Cutting a long story short I almost forgot to mention Art told me they had submitted my order to a total of 3 suppliers.

I've been lied to at least once, that much I know. I'll update tomorrow.

~O~

I got my last cable off ebay, got it in 3 days, I have had great luck on ebay..Paypal and done. the folks at JC Witney suck big apples...They never have the item I'm looking for in stock it seems...

Jc is probably trying to lower their overhead by keeping less stock and less employees. I'm seeing this all over at local stores and suppliers, even the home centers.
Part of "the new reality" as my buddy calls these times.

Probably the same thing that happened to most everyone else. Seems all have minimal stock and have embraced "just in time" shipping. What a royal mess that has created. It has become just in time manufacturing as well. And of course the manufacturer relies on materials delivered "just in time". Raw materials are processed on as needed basis.
Seems no one actually carries an inventory any more. A few of the better business do carry inventory. Combine all this with the death of the idea the customer is always right and you have the economy we have today. Taxes on inventory created this mess.

slabghost":2l8saqr1 said:
Probably the same thing that happened to most everyone else. Seems all have minimal stock and have embraced "just in time" shipping. What a royal mess that has created. It has become just in time manufacturing as well. And of course the manufacturer relies on materials delivered "just in time". Raw materials are processed on as needed basis.
Seems no one actually carries an inventory any more. A few of the better business do carry inventory. Combine all this with the death of the idea the customer is always right and you have the economy we have today. Taxes on inventory created this mess.
I agree! The "just in time" method is novel, yet it has cost us thousands of jobs!!!! Taxes on inventory is one of the dumbest taxes out there!!! Talk about job killer! (Of couse, so is the estate tax after you die......nice burden to add to your children at a time of grief! Everytime I hear of someone getting shocked and clobbered with this "tax after death" tax I cringe! :whip: )

You gotta pay taxes on everything it seems...Back to JC Whitney, I was very very disappointed with them when they discontinued the fairing chrome covers for my 1100.. I did have success several times getting items from them in the past, so I'm not complaining too loudly...

I don't think any of these large suppliers have their own warehouses at all anymore, just an elaborate system of smaller manufacturers/suppliers that they just send orders. My last JCW purchase came straight from the manufacturer.

Anyway, I did receive an email from "Art" the supervisor today. Apparently, my order has been forwarded to yet another supplier and I should have my tracking info in 24hrs. We shall see...I'll update you all tomorrow.

~O~

Very cool news, "Art" the supervisor kept his word. I got a email from him with the tracking info, and I get my cable tomorrow. I sent a reply thanking him for the quick response and that I will continue to shop JCW.

This is very heartening, I am committed to buying American and from "the little guys" whenever possible. I just think it's important.

~O~

that's good news... Glad he kept his word...Maybe they got enough complaints and are cleaning house..

Omega Man":19irep74 said:
Very cool news, "Art" the supervisor kept his word. I got a email from him with the tracking info, and I get my cable tomorrow. I sent a reply thanking him for the quick response and that I will continue to shop JCW.

This is very heartening, I am committed to buying American and from "the little guys" whenever possible. I just think it's important.

~O~
Amen brother, I feel the same way.

Our server here is based in Utah and tech support is in the U.S and I now use efax, based in Hollywood.

Gary: Reference the note about "taxes after death": The federal government does not tax estates after death unless the value of the estate is over 5,430,000 dollars. That's one tax my kids won't have to pay, for sure!