after market

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wda-83wing

Reaction score
does any one know of a after market supplier for main ,rod bearings also std an over sized ring sets ? any-info would be appreciated . thanks
oh--this is for a 1100.

im sorry to inform you that mother honda isnt much of a mother they have abandon the old wings and wish they just all die .....but there are ways to get these bike updated into shape but to to buy parts and replace is getting harder and harder to do ...... :mrgreen:

I found this place by accident and bought a bunch of small wierd parts they are called
cmsnl.com they are in europe Netherlands I think but they do have bearings & rings....

also davidsilverspares.co.uk I also bought hard to find stuff from them and are VERY helpful and even with exchange + shipping are very reasonably priced

OldGold":3nro5ngx said:
I found this place by accident and bought a bunch of small wierd parts they are called
cmsnl.com they are in europe Netherlands I think but they do have bearings & rings....

also davidsilverspares.co.uk I also bought hard to find stuff from them and are VERY helpful and even with exchange + shipping are very reasonably priced

Do they have original rings and bearings or aftermarket..............guess we'd need to call them?

wda-83wing":5xgqg3kg said:
hay dan
any word on the after market supplyer in above post ?

I haven't heard back from oldgold but that may be a source.
I'll post any info I find out.

I talked with a place in China a few years ago. They said they could make and ship ANY piston for a fraction of the cost from any supplier here.
I couldn't vouch for the quality (may be good who knows) but my point is the deals are out there but they may also only last a fraction of OEM.
I wasn't ready to be the tester :mrgreen:

Sorry, Guys I got distracted. Yes it's all Honda original parts.
These dudes buy up all old stock from dealers that are closing...
some a little pricey some not. I saw they had main + rod bearings different
colors etc as well as rings std +a couple oversize if I remember

There are only about a half dozen parts they sell that are aftermarket
everything else is OEM NOS and if it is not they clearly mark it as such

Another place is cmsnl.com same idea but from netherlands. They buy up old stock from dealers little more spendy than david silver but they have what the other may not

However you need to know that with all the homeland security stuff that small parts from europe now takes a little longer than before.
Because of those dinks that sent those printer cartidges a couple of months ago
it no longer goes by air but by sea (U.S only)

as far as bearings go I have a freind who in the next couple of months said he will
measure them and see if he can't find a suitable automotive equivalent
available through napa or whatever if and when I get the crossover #'s I will post them
for all to benefit

Oh yeah if you choose to deal with david silvers e mail them they are very happy to oblige
we went back and forth 7 or 8 times before I even bought stuff they are super cool folks

No problem, I guess I should have been more descriptive in the first place :oops:

as for the other info, I have to give him some good parts he will take measurments
and will have to pour through half a dozen catalogues page by page line by line to find appropriate replacements :read: :read:

He said he would do it in his spare time so it could take a couple of months before I
have any news but I will post it as soon as I get it.
:salute:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21172#p21172:2be8wwyb said:
OldGold » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:18 pm[/url]":2be8wwyb]
No problem, I guess I should have been more descriptive in the first place :oops:

as for the other info, I have to give him some good parts he will take measurments
and will have to pour through half a dozen catalogues page by page line by line to find appropriate replacements :read: :read:

He said he would do it in his spare time so it could take a couple of months before I
have any news but I will post it as soon as I get it.
:salute:

OldGold
have you heard any thing from you friend on those replacement bearings. :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111329#p111329:clysbwi8 said:
charles franz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 am[/url]":clysbwi8]
Wanting to add- change a 1100I to the dipstick type, To check the oil level, Anyone know where to buy it at? Thanks Charlie In NC
jc whitney stll has them..I think.