New guy from CO with a goldwing habit.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished all the linkage and ready for paint and polish.

fa2e3bef0e440c8dc56a04f273a22373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow lots of mass for the throttle linkage ...looks to be as diet looking as possible ...must be quite a load on the cable and the wrist to operate it ..very nice work ...this going to be a great build to follow

joedrum":gss4rg96 said:
Wow lots of mass for the throttle linkage ...looks to be as diet looking as possible ...must be quite a load on the cable and the wrist to operate it ..very nice work ...this going to be a great build to follow
Thanks. I have forearms like popeye. [emoji1]

Assembled front end of motor today. Tearing down back half of it this week. The bore is perfect. Low mileage bike.
102082c2dcac046644865b70d5bf2e25.jpg

8917b798c5a890726ccb4d47833ee4c0.jpg
20b74e599feafc40c4fb2e576f41d6be.jpg
3f2f3cf09778167ebe211f8d9d60f6cc.jpg
8287a65e46f3412d76e6cd65758c5159.jpg

Great thread to follow. You obviously know your way around Gold Wings. Not in a million years would I have looked at that color green, but with the black it just works doesn't it? I love a black engine on motorcycles and if I ever have mine out again it's going black. One thing, are you going to do something with the front master cylinder? To me it sticks out like a sore thumb. Keep up with the great pics. the bike is beautiful.

wedoo2":4oj9yyny said:
Great thread to follow. You obviously know your way around Gold Wings. Not in a million years would I have looked at that color green, but with the black it just works doesn't it? I love a black engine on motorcycles and if I ever have mine out again it's going black. One thing, are you going to do something with the front master cylinder? To me it sticks out like a sore thumb. Keep up with the great pics. the bike is beautiful.

Thanks. Although I own 3 of these, This is my first Time digging into on this deep. But I have worked on many different types of bikes through out the years. I just grab a beer in one hand an wrench in the other and see what happens. I’m not sure what finish I’m going to put on front MC. It needs rebuilt yet.

slabghost":1f9k3tx3 said:
Might be a little tough getting the motor installed with those carbs in place. Looks real good though.

Ya. They won’t be on there when it goes in. [emoji6]

More progress. Waiting on new wheels for tensioner over haul. Threw covers on just to stand around with a beer in my hands and stare at it.
98f072cca5a336763998b99612dbc7f8.jpg

I stand around with a beer and admire much uglier things than this! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:salute: