1982 honda goldwing gl1100 interstate paint layout

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerdking1987

Reaction score
if any one could help I am trying to find a stencil to paint the graphics like the picture. I want my bike to really show off the original look. please feel free to tell me if you know any one that might be able to help. you can text me at 402 750 8729.

Attachments

• HONDA%20GL1100%20ASPENCADE%2082%20%201.jpg
    HONDA%20GL1100%20ASPENCADE%2082%20%201.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 116
If you are interested, I ordered aftermarket reproduction decals from this site for my '82:

https://www.diablocycle.com/-Decals/

I contacted them via email through their contact tab and they were able to reproduce OEM color decals that are a perfect match for my '82. The decal set went for $131 shipped and took a little more than 2 weeks.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188296#p188296:3924pgsb said:
nerdking1987 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am[/url]":3924pgsb]
Thanks that's just the pinstripe that goes around the outside but definitely closer
My decal set is the tank top and sides, both front and rear fenders and both side covers since I have Standard. I believe they can reproduce the Interstate decals for the bags and fairing too.

Generally a two tone paint job follows existing body lines. If you require a stencil to be as accurate as you like you can tape on tracing paper. Just trace at the curves and remove the paper. Place it flat on a table and use a ruler to connect the curves.

Best suggestions I can think of. To my knowledge there isn't any stencil used in these paint schemes.

not exactly an answer, but there was a video of a guy putting factory gold accents on a tank of a royal enfield.perfect job,all done by hand. I suspect the diablo suggestion is the best.But here there are graphic places that if you took the bike or the pieces you wanted done then they take pictures,computers and create the ones you want.Pricey.

Latest posts