Hello from Hudson Valley

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wreckster

Reaction score
I've had mine since christmas day, when my father told me to drive it home. No worries, he ended up on a pristine Road King.

Now, my pops didn't ride all too much. Maybe 150 miles a year or so. He had rebuilt the forks, had the carbs out twice and rebuilt the final drive. The bike still needed a once over. It ran just fine, but mixture was off, it was very rich on decel and hardly wanted to accelerate when cold. Rear shocks were blown and some other small stuff. Bike came apart to grease the rear spline. As I had assumed, it was not greased at all when last put together. Rear shocks rebuilt, carbs came out for a once over and float adjustment. Whole bike got cleaned up a bit and checked over. I just syncronized a couple weeks ago, it runs beautifully.

Glad the lurker finally has joined in. That is a very fine gift of a bike. I'm rather partial to the 1200s myself.

Well shoot. Here's a kick for you, my father also had an 81 seca, my brother now rides that.

I agree, the bike sure is pretty. Just a matter of finding a replacement left side cover and a few bits and ends really to make it perfect.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190913#p190913:3l1f116a said:
Steve83 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:03 pm[/url]":3l1f116a]
Welcome from Southern California! Nice lookin' bike, but what's all that white stuff everywhere?? :headscratch: :BigGrin:
ICE as the machine says... :smilie_happy:
Welcome from Oz. Nice inheritance. :good:

Welcome to the forum, you can more then likely find a matching painted side cover if you haunt eBay long enough..I have seen nice ones come up but they go within a day or two if the price is right...good luck.