Hello from Germany

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi from the south of Germany. The GL 1100 Aspencade '83 was always a dream for me, when i saw it in a motorcycle magazin in 1983. I was at high school, 17 years old, and had only the money for a Honda CX 500 C. But now, many years later, i am very proud to own one. The '83 Aspencade is very rare in Germany, because Honda never sind this type here. My Aspencade came from Colorado to Switzerland in the early 1990 years and five years ago to Germany - to me! It is in a very good condition, the original Clarion II Radio works good, (the original cassette player not so well) and I did not have problems with it. But sometimes I think, the roads here in Germany are a little bit to small for this kind of a bike! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1029.JPG
    IMG_1029.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 127
Herzlich willkommen im Oldwing-Forum!
Wellcome to the Oldwing forum.
Very nice ride you have. Really rare bike in Europe, you may be proud of it. In my case i prefer the narrow roads from Europe than the freeways in L.A. Oldwings are nice bikes in twisty roads :)
Greez
Joebarteam

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=192165#p192165:1wx3adx8 said:
JoeBarTeam » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 am[/url]":1wx3adx8]
Herzlich willkommen im Oldwing-Forum!
Oldwings are nice bikes in twisty roads :)

They are also nice bikes on the open road. They eat miles with aplomb.
IMG_2474.JPG

@deserttefugee
You're right! They are nice on any road. It's me to prefer the twisties with my oldwing but it takes me perfectly even on the freeway :)
dc2968454a508b9e0852fe4bfcdc2743.jpg

These are real good bikes all around. One of the main things that need to be up to snuff is the springs and shocks.
60 lbs air in the rear shocks opposed to 20 lbs, make a big difference. Worn shocks not controlling dampening like they need to on the heavy bike, or weakened sagging springs makes these things handle like a real pig.