It's Deja' Vu All Over Again!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AE6SS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, all you Oldwingers! My name is Steve Somers and I'm happy to have found this forum. I recently "adopted" a '77 Wing from my father-in-law who had it for a relatively short time and can no longer ride. So, I'm doing additional cleanup and maintenance as well as some minor updates. I look forward to being able to mingle among the topics for help and to give help where I can.

This situation with the '77 Wing is particularly meaningful for me because I've always been a Honda rider. My first bike was a 150cc "Dream" that my father bought new for me in 1965. In 1972, I graduated to a used 1970 CB750 which I owned five years. And in 1977, I bought a new '77 Goldwing! I owned that bike five years and sold it... and have had feelings of longing and regret here and there over the years.

So, ironically, I get another bike finally and lo' it's another '77 Wing just like the one I had back then. See attached pics. I look forward to interacting, riding, and hopefully meeting some of you down the road. Cheers.

Attachments

• Steve_in_65_small.jpg
    Steve_in_65_small.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Steve_1977Goldwing_small.jpg
    Steve_1977Goldwing_small.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 159
welcome from upstate ny. please finish your profile let us know your location so you can get peoplein your area who maybe able to help you if you come up against or need a part locally. Have a good time hope to hear from you more.

Welcome to CGW. Loved my old Honda dream !!! The police weren’t to fond of it but I couldn’t help it if they had no sense of humor back then. :ahem: :moped: :moped:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200616#p200616:3qgl0ppa said:
wedoo2 » Today, 7:01 am[/url]":3qgl0ppa]
Welcome from beautiful Indiana. (Well, everything is brown right now and I'm sick of the color brown)

Thanks, Jack. I’m originally from Indianapolis. Moved to SoCal in 1978. Glad to be getting back in the saddle of a 77 Wing once again.

Welcome , The Dream is awesome , Had a 305 back in 1973 and a 1971 CB 750 also was cruising all over SO Cal in the late 1970's, Native Cowboy from OC, Up in New England now for the last 25 freezing my @#$#@$ off lol . :salute: