New Member Intro

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still Rides Honda

Reaction score
Howdy Goldwingers,

I'm in Idaho and been riding Honda's mostly since the mid 60's. First bike was a Street 90 Dad converted into a dirt bike. You know, big rear sprocket and a modified skid pan and of course dirt tires. I wasn't old enough to ride the streets yet but I learned to ride. Second bike was used Trail 90 that I had to put back together out of a literal couple of wooden crates.

A few years later I met Clarence Taber while riding a mountain trail in Montana and ended up riding for his shop. Mostly raced the Hodaka line and from time to time others like Bultaco, Ossa, Triumph, Nortan and a few I can't remember their names let alone how to spell them. (I think I even messed up the Hodaka...it doesn't look right but then I have gone all grey haired so I can use that as a legitimate excuse now...lol)

I also rode snow sleds for his shop as Montana was home to the best snow in the country. He carried all brands but he only had me run Bombardier as it was his bread and butter line. If you didn't ride a Bombardier you didn't ride a true sled was his moto.

I've ridden most makes and even been to Honda of America School and earned my Honda Tech Certificate back in the early 80's...probably not valid anymore tho...Ya think? Ha Ha Ha

Most of my experience is on Dirt Bikes and that is my true first love and continue to get those great adrenaline rushes still today on my Modded 07 Honda CRF450R. I don't claim I ride like I'm invincible anymore but I can keep pace with a lot of the younger crowds that think they are the "STINK".

I have a decent 1983 GL1100I I ride and work on now and I love it. I know, that is a pretty strong word but what else can I say? Right now I'm in the middle of rebuilding the front Forks and Triple Clamps. I messed up and now I have to pull the forks back out to reroute the Brake hydraulic hoses. I know it's a Stupid rookie mistake but did I tell you I have grey hair? LOL I got to visiting with a friend and not paying attention. I am going to claim it was for the practice and leave it at that, OK with all of you?

Anyway, I could go on and on with more stories but that would eat up a lot of pages so suffice it to say, I Still Ride a Honda and that has spanned a few decades and a few dozen Honda's. That claim and almost 5 bucks buys a GOOD cup of coffee, RIGHT?

I look forward to chatting with some of you and since I'm Retired I'll be wearing out tires on a regular basis again.

Thanks,
Still Rides Honda

Keep the dirty side down and those eyes alert!!!

Mileage doesn't necessarily determine the condition of the bike or rider. Welcome! Sharing experience (I personally love reports of experiencing what NOT to do) builds the community knowledge base.

To all that replied so quickly; Thanks for the welcome and I do mean that.

QUESTION: How do I reply to any individual? I hated thanking a group and would have liked to thank individually but these grey/gray Brain Cells are more for real life stuff than this electronic forum stuff. I'm not computer illiterate but this forum stuff is like drinking out of a fire hose for me...most just goes right past and half that goes by I don't even know to look for and don't see if ya know hat I mean...

You can probably guess by now I jest and like making life not so damn stuck in the mud serious. That being said, I just missed how to reply to each of you personally but know I do appreciate it.

Know one thing right here and right now...I plan on having a lot of FUN HERE :popcorn:

Looking forward to warmer weather and wearing out some more tires.

Till next time,
Still Rides Honda

Keep the dirty side down and your eyes alert!!!
(I'll eventually come up with more but this will have to suffice for now) :moped:

Welcome to The Forum and enjoy! If you wanted to send a message to an individual you can click on the user "pm" button, this will take you to the page that has the user name filled in and the rest is for you to fill in. Conversely, just post it in the thread (that's techno babble for the post you're on), we enjoy the jabber! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Welcome from Oz. I still ride a Honda too!! :smilie_happy:
You will get used to the group discussion format with its informality and none of us seem to be too pedantic with general discussion.
We only seem to do that with the technical stuff. :doh:

Latest posts