hi all

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trouble

Reaction score
just wanted to say hi everyone as it says i recently got a 78 gl1000 83 aspencade and a 1984 1200 interstate. all 3 have issues and trying to get them running. pics to come soon

Congrats on your bike buys and welcome from upstate NY. Please tell us where you hail from so someone close to you may assist you if you need it. The goldwing mechanical brains will start coming out tomorrow. If you need any help or have any questions don't hesitate to ask someone will have an answer for your questions. Hope you get your bikes whipped into shape. So you can ride in comfort this summer.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202235#p202235:udi7eyrp said:
tinman38 » Today, 8:40 pm[/url]":udi7eyrp]
Please tell us where you hail from so someone close to you may assist you if you need it. (central valley.
im from clovis ca. (central valley)

Welcome from East Tennessee! Two things about the oldwings: you can out-think them (you may well have tolos on hand that will suffice for special tools, and the procedure in the manual, although in principle should be covered but in practice you can get to the goal several ways) and you can over-think them (sometimes leaving well enough alone is the best way to get on the road).

ty all for the warm welcome and to Brian's statement about jumping in with both feet, is there another way? i actually have wanted a wing for a loooong time just hadn't made the plunge but i figured why get one when i can get 3 and have fun working on them? as i said in another topic one wing i got (the 78 gl1000) was the first wing i ever rode and i always wanted it. so when i recognized it 20-odd years later i couldn't resist. now i'm working on getting it running and legal (registration is literally 15 yrs out of date) and have picked up a couple more wings along the way as i really want to see what the differences and similarities are. so far so good. 2 of the 3 bikes currently residing in my garage have started, im going to go pick up the other one this evening and see if i can make it start. the final wing sadly the guy that had it was parting it out and now it needs alot of parts to get it back running (he thought it had a seized engine but it was actually hydraulically locked from having water in 2 cylinders. as soon as i took the plugs out n jumped the starter it turned over and blew rusty water all over the garage) so that's the sick story of my addiction thus far and will update it as i get my fixes and/or find the cure (lets hope not!)

::::always remember when riding any motorcycle the most effective way to keep from being hurt is to keep the rubber side down:::::