Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvilleron

Reaction score
Hi thanks for accepting me into your group. My name is Ron and just purchased a 1987 Gl 1200 Interstate in 2014 needed alot of work it basically was rescue bike.I hope to find some detailed info on Clutch replacement since mine is slipping badly when it warms up if this is something common any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Ron

Welcome from Centralia, Il. I suggest you change the oil & filter (as suggested above) first before you tear into the clutch. I use Rotella 15W-40 in my 3 wings and the clutches don't slip.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139579#p139579:3s2wsiws said:
tvilleron » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:55 pm[/url]":3s2wsiws]
Hi thanks for accepting me into your group. My name is Ron and just purchased a 1987 Gl 1200 Interstate in 2014 needed alot of work it basically was rescue bike.I hope to find some detailed info on Clutch replacement since mine is slipping badly when it warms up if this is something common any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Ron
Welcome to CGW.

As I've said in the past this is a great form. There not NOSE UP GUY :BigGrin: . So hang right here and you'll be fine up and going in no time. The only thing that will hold you down is the weather.. :good:

Ron;

The reason for the oil change is if you or the PO put synthetic oil in the motor, the clutch is more apt to slip due to the friction reducers than with regular oil.

Latest posts