repro GL1000 exhaust ....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, it's a goer. there is a chap in Mother England who is reproducing the horseshoe exhaust for the GL1000. his website explains the process, and he is road testing one as we speak. well, road testing the powder coat he is using instead of paint. it is rated to a very high temp, but he is testing it just the same. :moped: :moped:
i spoke to him the other night, and .... well.... he is a stickler for detail. I LIKE THIS MAN..... :music: :music:
at the moment he is finalizing the tooling to roll the polished tailpipe to be as close to original as possible. :good:
so, i am in, i want one. maybe two... and a spare one.... :yahoo:
seriously, i have emailed them to be in line, subject to a final price ( not cheap ) and shipping charges. now, i know that the US market is unlikely to support this product. parts in the US are very plentiful and cheap. but he is aiming at the UK and EU market and believe me, he will do very well. his company has been stamping car parts for almost thirty years , catering to the classic cars,
price for the muffler ( he thinks ) will be around 750 pounds. ( approx 1500 AU ) here is a link to his site, showing the process and other products. https://www.nhcpanels.co.uk/index.php

Yes seen that a while ago, his shop is 5 minutes from me. I was contemplating going to take a look. Bought a stainless one last year and polished it up and stored it for the day of the rebuild, but if any one wants my opinion of the exhaust I am happy to go look and give an honest opinion.

Ian Pontefract . Uk which is about 3 miles from the shop. :BigGrin:

If you are interested, I have an original Honda muffler set from a 75 that has less than 500 original miles. This was purchased from Honda in 1992 and installed on the bike. The owner only ran the bike a few times before parking it. I purchased the bike from him and restored it. I installed some pull off Harley mufflers after I had run it for a bit. I have since sold the bike but have the muffler set hanging on the wall. It is pristine with no rust, dents, or scratches. There are pictures on my album. $500.

Tim

Latest posts