Speaking of bags - Valkyrie this time

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody. This is probably the last motorcycle I'll ever buy. Going out with a bang!

And I just figured out that the "cheap" pipes I lucked into turned out to be Vikings! I had no idea. Out of business now for ten years, they were the ones to have. Equal length tubes and ceramic coating, supposedly good for 5-10 HP. We'll see. They sound good.

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut. I'm ready to roll!

Thanks again.

Believe it or not, used parts can be challenging to find for the Valkyrie. The last GL1500C rolled off the line 13 years ago. Mine is 19 years old. I noted in this thread that, as part of the Tourer conversion, I found and installed a set of desirable Viking headers and pipes. They were lacking the header collector covers and I had resigned myself to going without them...until I discovered that the factory shields were used on the Vikings!

Boy, was I happy. Had they been Viking-specific, I'd have been screwed. But, I discovered even a decent pair of OEM shields were not exactly common. A number of rusty and otherwise damaged examples were to be found, but nice ones were scarce. I ended up finding the left and right sides from separate sources.

Admittedly, sourcing components in time-frames of weeks rather than months or years is not too bad, but it IS a sign of things to come.

I'm done. Really. No more. Time to ride, yessir, not another item. (Not counting the upcoming LED conversion...)

IMG_4045 - Copy.JPG

IMG_4068 - Copy.JPG

Those won't work on my rides, so they look inexpensive to me :) A lot of LED headlamp assemblies are in that price range. They will come down when others start competing with them. I believe that BMWs come with that style of cornering technology, so the headlamp is not as expensive as the whole bike :smilie_happy: