Old Valkyries gather

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184740#p184740:1xvv03yi said:
Offcenter » Yesterday, 11:35 am[/url]":1xvv03yi]
I love my 1500 Goldwing, but those early Valkyries were one of the prettiest bikes ever made.
The only thing that turns me off about 'em are those six carburetors.
I went through enough hell dealing with the four carbs on my GL-1000.
I know 6 carbs are a PITA ! Only 1 Carb on my GL Valkyrie (45 HSR Mikuni carb) The CBX was a real challenge...2 Manuals 4-5 Emails to Mike Nixon 40 plus hrs and over $ 400 in parts. They cost over $ 800 to have rebuilt if sent out ..actually a good deal after i spent so much time doing them myself, But after setting up Jetting for a 1250 cc,, Ported Head and Racing cams always more gratification when you do your own, Wet Bench test was very important.

Single Carb on the GL 1500 Valk. 45 Flatlside Mihuni .. Still trying to fix that damn LEAK. A Noisy Hardley pulled to my right side at a traffic light this summer, accidentally gave him a SQUIRT !! :whistling: Strategically positioned and aimed purge Nitrous Shoots around 15ft at 1200 lbs of pressure LMAO :smilie_happy: :roll: :BigGrin:

Latest posts