my 81 interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks joe....are the 1100 heads a direct bolt on?? will the 1100 carbs work?? i thought the 1200 is wider

it is wider ...and no stock carbs of anykind 1000 1100 or 1200 wont work on a 1200 short block with 1100 or 1000 heads put on it ...its not bacause you cant seal them cause motor is wider ..you can ..its because the cv type stock carbs will not adjust to the bigger flow set up ...vacuum passages are all off spring in slides is way off ..and what you can adjust on them cant fix these kind of things ...my bike would suck the carb bowls dry dam near instantly if you gave it the throttle ...so some sort of strait carb or carbs would have to be use and dialed in ...plus when using the hotter cams of the earlier 1000s and maybe 1100 cams too ..im not sure here there is some piston relief that has to be done so valves dont hit piston ...so this is quite an involve mod ...i cared not and did all the work myself with no outside help of anykind ...it did take a long time to get the carb to work im using modded enough to dial in good ...it would dial in half ass but i wanted better so carb mods had to be done

DSC08818.JPG

new to me seat. it was forsale on ebay as a 84 seat,so i bought it,bitched about it not fitting a 84 and he gave me $50 off and i kept it.. someone dyed it black

DSC09737.JPG

well i decided to heat my intake for the single carb...the way i did it works beauty. im gonna change the clear tubing,i used it just for testin

DSC09993.JPG

DSC09994.JPG

DSC09995.JPG

DSC09996.JPG

DSC00096.JPG

DSC00111.JPG

this side is water in 3/8
DSC00114.JPG

this side is water out 1/4in
DSC00127.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

You've been running the single carb for a couple of years now...why do you want to heat the manifold? Also, you are using the location for the fan switch for your coolant feed...how are you going to control the fan? :headscratch:

the return is where the fan switch was. ill use a switch for the fan (when i want it on) i only ran the single carb for about a year,till i got my stockers cleaned. i picked up a 81 naked with NO carbs, so the single carb is on that..when i did the SC i wasent working at a weld shop...i am now. i welded mine before i saw any others. ill thak mine over the others

coolant feed
DSC00111.JPG

return,after the thermostat
DSC00127.JPG

the others...why would ya have the feed and return on the bottom??coolant is gonna go straight threw :rtfm:
DSC02164.jpg