Organization?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The better half was away today and it was inclement weather outside or I would have been riding, going up island for coffee and coconut cream pie, but alas I had to keep myself busy in other ways.

Send me a PM regarding the year and model and I will update the spreadsheet - don't want to plug this thread up with updates. As long as the bike(s) is not a parts bikes, robbed Peter to pay Paul so to speak, then these should be included. Just my thought.

For specialty issues, trikes-baggers-etc, think that the bike should be identified as the original such as Standard, Interstate, etc, with a specialty column for the customization such as trike, bagger, etc.

Backlander - you definitely have too much space compared to us mere mortals.

PurpleGL1200I - have two listed already. Is the listed '85 Interstate a trike?

Cheers

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199635#p199635:2y61rsl4 said:
PurpleGL1200I » 28 minutes ago[/url]":2y61rsl4]
I actually have 4 bikes running: 86A, 85I, 84I (trike), & 78 Gl1000. List it any that makes sense.

Thanks;

Tom

Got it - 1200s have been updated

Cheers

I've got some time this morning to work on this some.

So the Model categories are going to...

1000: desertrefugee

1100: wilcoy02

1200: Rednaxs60

1500: Omega Man

1800: Daeouse

Instructions how you will add a member to your "Group" will be in another Post.

How are youse guys gunna handle the fellers(like meself) that have more than one of different engine sizes? Will these be in both categories, I assume? :yes:

(wow....I think i just heard someone's head explode...lol) :smilie_happy:

You'd presumably hit more than one list. But, I gotta get going. I imported the user list, but need to sort it and build my table. Will probably steal Ernest's format. Lotta work. Need to get moving.

Ernest, I'm not going to address zero posters for now. Beyond that, there are hundreds of 1's and 2's... How did you treat those?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199678#p199678:2zerlojd said:
desertrefugee » Today, 11:26 am[/url]":2zerlojd]
You'd presumably hit more than one list. But, I gotta get going. I imported the user list, but need to sort it and build my table. Will probably steal Ernest's format. Lotta work. Need to get moving.

Ernest, I'm not going to address zero posters for now. Beyond that, there are hundreds of 1's and 2's... How did you treat those?

What we need is a consensus regarding zero posters and the ones that are 1's ans 2's. I listed these as well as these do represent bikes out there; however, having said this I would submit that the zero posters and 1's and 2's are browsing for information (lot of people are in this category) and as such, we can exclude them at the onset. I also know that I probably missed a few as I went through the member list.

Another consideration is whether or not these members still have the bike that is or is not in their profile - easy to let things lapse and not update your information. If these members want to be included in these specific lists, I would expect them to contact us for inclusion with up to date information - only fair to forum members, and those of us contributing our time. It would also be nice if members who no longer have a specific size of GW contact us so that we can update their profile in this data.

I have also noticed that the "My Rides" field is interpreted differently. Is the intent of this field to be bike specific, make, model, year, or the rides you do such as say "southern BC interior". It seems to be the only place where the member's bikes can be listed for general viewing. Don't believe we should have access to a member's profile to view a signature where some indicate their specific bikes. My interpretation is this is where a member should list their bikes.

Willing to do some additional leg work to update the list and member's profile on this list. The amount of work and whom would be in consultation with the "Group" moderators and management. Need to keep the Groups the same.

Long answer, but does need to be looked at.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199676#p199676:1gwml55j said:
AApple » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 am[/url]":1gwml55j]
How are youse guys gunna handle the fellers(like meself) that have more than one of different engine sizes? Will these be in both categories, I assume? :yes:

(wow....I think i just heard someone's head explode...lol) :smilie_happy:

image.php

~O~

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199690#p199690:1nd99lx9 said:
wilcoy02 » 59 minutes ago[/url]":1nd99lx9]
Hey guys,

I am computer illiterate and need guidance on how to get my part started.
Can I get some guidance here?
:help: Please :help:

We haven't started the actual work yet, I believe, merely the creation of the lists in our area of responsibility for later use. We'll begin the actual work once Dan says go. . .

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199690#p199690:1bx55cmb said:
wilcoy02 » 50 minutes ago[/url]":1bx55cmb]
Hey guys,

No worries. Do you have Word or Excel spreadsheet program?

I have attached a Word doc for your perusal. You can use a table in a word doc to capture the initial information. Once you have that information in a table it can be exported to a spreadsheet or a database.

See attached file:View attachment 1200 User Doc.doc

This doc has the bones from which you can enter the information, let me know how you make out.

:roll: When I click on your link all I get is the file is corrupted. I have win 7 with IE and chrome. :roll:

I was hoping Dan's instructions will help.
And I feel better knowing I am not the last one to geter done.

Here are the "field" headings I used:

Moniker/Name
Rank
Date Joined
Country
Model
Year
No of Bikes
Current/Sold (this is to give an indication of whether the member still owns the bike or not) made some assumptions
Memo/Qty (this field is to indicate any specialty such as trike, more than one bike of same model/year, etc)

Note: the field "no of bikes" is used to indicate more than one entry in the data for the member. Mostly for my being to sort the information.

Daeouse is correct. Using the program to make my list. Hope we all use the same field headings as this will make it easier all round. If there is another heading required let me know. May even be able to import directly int the new Groups - can always hope.

Any more thoughts on the zero and minimal (1 and 0) posters for a concensus?

Hope this helps. If it weren't for gaming and in the name of progress I'd still be using DR Dos - never liked MS Dos.

Cheers

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199690#p199690:7lgrqmg0 said:
wilcoy02 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 pm[/url]":7lgrqmg0]
Hey guys,

Turn the key, pull the choke, and hit the starter button?

Latest posts