Spring

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the weather was unseasonably warm yesterday about 53 degrees F, so I fired up the Aspencade and went for a 30 mile ride. This is the first time I have ridden in February. We will probably see snow again before March is over but this was a real treat. :yahoo: The bike ran fine and it was not too cold at all...The external alternator that I installed last year is working great.... :yahoo:

20180302_095128.jpg
Spring!; ?#&@%!!

Happy St. Paddies day.... still cold -23C with the wind chill in Ottawa tonight GEEEEEZZZZ> this too must pass... :rant: Thank God I don't live in Ottawa.... Kingston is a little warmer..... My brother in Texas might just get a visitor soon.....

Been riding fairly regularly. Mornings are around the 0 deg C and warm up. Roads are dry. Went for a 200 or so Km ride up to Duncan this morning starting out in 0 deg C but it warmed to a balmy 7 deg C by 1100 hours. Heated liner works wonders, as do heated gloves.

Cheers

Sounds good Ernest, we are hopefully a week or so away from similar temperatures here. Once we hit plus 4 deg C I will start riding to work again. I use an old pair of hippo hands to keep my hands warm. I should also save up for a heated vest.. I can use one on the Aspencade now that it has lots of juice...

Same here for the next two effin days! I want to get the carb on the 87 dialed in but it's so cold the starter just spins with the thick oil in the crank case. I may have to move south!

Worked mainly on the 1800 today, but also on the 1000. Had the garage door open all day. Felt great! Would have gone for a nice ride, but I've had a backup camera that the daughter gave me for Christmas setting there waiting to be installed and didn't want to disappoint her. Now I can back the Uni-go and see where it is going past the trunk, and see cars directly behind when the wife is with me.

WHAT HAPPENED! The weather was better in late February. :head bang: Sorry but I just had to Vent.. The weather forecast is calling for a wee bit of snow today. Looks like mid April before decent temperatures...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201745#p201745:39fldzfb said:
slabghost » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:07 am[/url]":39fldzfb]
Snow here yesterday and rain today! Come on global warming!
That’s why they now call it Climate Change ( weather?)!!!! :doh:

Latest posts