Australia Post , might go postal.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well,
about a month ago i posted about a fellow in England who is producing replica GL1000 exhausts. as a result of that post a member here popped up with a near new
original muffler, and offered it for sale.
after seeing the pics i bought it off him. that was the easy part. :BigGrin:
i signed up for a US address with our own Aus Post , who have a facility in Portland. the idea is , you can buy things in the US , have the item sent to this depot and they then forward it on to you. the blurb on their website says it will take 5 to 8 days. :head bang:
it was recieved at their US depot on the 29th of may. it was dIspatched to OZ on the 2nd of june, arriving on the 9th. depending on which fool in Aust Post i happen to talk to when i ring, it might be in Sydney or it might be in Brisbane. :head bang: :head bang:
as of yesterday morning i am no closer to finding out where it is , who has it and if i will ever see it..... :rant: :rant: :(

OB-QB617_1012nz_G_20111012031410.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152571#p152571:enqf5b52 said:
Steve83 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:07 pm[/url]":enqf5b52]
When you give up on them, and order another set...then they'll show up!

Seriously though, I hope you and your mufflers are united soon!
i seriously doubt i would ever find another horseshoe muffler in this condition. just got to keep hoping for the best. :beg:
image.php

just spent another hour on the phone with AU POST. now they say it will be delivered by the end of this week, or early next............ :shock:
but no updates so far with the tracking on their web site.

I used the USPS to mail a part to a guy in PA. Mailed it(July1st) from Plano. Took 3 DAYS(July 4th) to get to Dallas...about 10 miles..... :headscratch: :Awe:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152881#p152881:eloo9y09 said:
dan filipi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:09 am[/url]":eloo9y09]
USPS has been great for us for years now.

Every time West coast to East coast and anywhere in between is 2-3 days!
well, dont get me wrong . i have never had a problem with our postal service til now. but this particular forwarding service does not seem to be working, for me anyway.
just got an email, from AU Post telling me it has just been cleared through customs... now i am confused..
and now it has reached our shores and been cleared for delivery, it travels at normal parcel post rates. ( slow )
compare this with international express. it took six days for a set of refurbished carbs from Pistol Pete to be transported, door to
door. with no hold ups in customs or anywhere else.
oh well, gives me more time to do the fuel tank in the bike these carbs and exhaust will be going on . :good:

so, another week has gone by, still no muffler.
no updates to the tracking on the package so got back on the phone to AU Post yesterday. ( Friday )
only to be told that in fact, it has NOT been cleared by customs and is not on the way.
they are no help at all and have suggested i ring Customs and see if i can find out what the hold up is.... :head bang: :head bang:

so, not being one to let things just slide, got back on the phone to AU pOST to ask if my muffler has been sighted yet. alas , no , is the answer. and i am told in no uncertain terms that Customs have it, ( because it was repackaged in the US ) and we must just wait. :nea:
so. get on the blower to Customs , who ( after 2 hrs on hold ) declare that they do not have an article belonging to me, and never did . the chap in Customs explains that if they held it, Au Post and myself would be notified and a reference number for the item would be issued. ( along with reasons for holding )
so, back on the line to AU pOST to ask if they have such a number. again a brick wall.. no they dont , but customs have the item and we must just wait. :nea:
so, back on the phone to Customs and , blow me down, i get the same chap i spoke to earlier. ( this helps , so no need to go all over the full story again.)
look, he says,
1 they have lost it. or
2 they have lost it. or
3 they have lost it.
then he explains the system used for air mail into the country, and again explains why Customs would not be withholding it. then he suggests a long shot. give the customs cargo helpline a shot. so , i do. and they are able to tell me that YES, QUARANTINE DIVISION were holding it , but it was cleared and released to AUSTRALIA POST on the third of July. now i am truly bamboozled... :head bang:
so, back on the phone to Au Post and now i am steamed up. :rant: :rant: not taking no for an answer now. :whip: :whip: so, on hold for another hour while the fool i first talk to tries to figure out who his supervisor is.
eventually, i am told that AU Post do have it , it is on it's way to a delivery centre and will be on it's way to me soon. i suspect i am being filled with false hope , just so a cruel joke can be played. :roll:

Fingers crossed that it gets to you in one piece, and hasn't been run over by a truck.... :Awe:

Latest posts