valkyrie

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy.shadow

Reaction score
My younger brother, (a harley is the ONLY motorcycle kind of fella) did me a favor and rode my Aspy home one evening. (We were at our dads garage and their may have been a beverage known as beer invovled)
After riding my Aspy, the questions started, and now he is the second owner of a meticulously maintained 99 Valk interstate and is absolutely in LOVE with it.
Doesn't even want louder exhaust cuz then he can't here the tunes!!
And he has learned a lesson about shorts and boxer cylinder heads, boots and pants are the norm now!

Attachments

• 11717543_891878724199231_4212230465120341638_o.jpeg
    11717543_891878724199231_4212230465120341638_o.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 182
:smilie_happy: Valk will have that effect. Interstate has the fairing and bells and whistles. Mine is the tourer. Just shield and sidebags.

I put the Shinko 890 Journey Touring tires on mine with balance beads. Ride is like a two wheeled caddillac.

How much is a 98 Valkyrie with 37,000 miles on it worth? It runs great. It has a shield, hitch and the two side bags. Nothing else.

It is going to get me a ticket because I rode it up north in the 80-85 mph range.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157255#p157255:ybp79cvx said:
Omega Man » 30 minutes ago[/url]":ybp79cvx]
These sixes really wanna fly, my bike is happiest up around 90. I can only imagine what the 1800 is like. :heat:

~O~

I come from mostly sportbikes and sport tourer's so a Wing is not even close to fast to me.

However I do realize fast like beauty is speculative and based on ones personal experiences.

I owned an GL1800 for over 4 years and 46000 miles and I consider it "quick" but not fast compared to V twins and cruisers.

Mine had a Healtech Speedohealer to correct the speedometer error and it was very accurate after the install.

Top end speed was 132 mph verified more than once. Before the install it would read about 144 mph.

The real asset of and 1800 over the previous Goldwings is bags and bags of torque. The thing could be kept in OD and pull strong even from low speeds.

Your brother made out great!! That is a nice bike! :clapping:

When my '82 is no longer able to keep up, the Valk Interstate is my next bike. :yes:

(However, my '82 shows no signs of giving up the ghost any time soon!) :moped:

Just my two cents here, who need to go 150 MPH, when you ride a great bike for me show it, going fast doesn't show anything except your on to a ticket. If ya have to grip the bars like your life depends on it then the fun has gone. That is just me. Yeah I am a show off. If you want a hard bed sleep on the floor, me I like my but to be pampered in my Space foam bed. :lazy:

It's not about going fast for me. It's great to know I can to get out of the way but. I like the open look of a naked or nearly naked 1500. The Valkyrie looks as massive and comfortable as the biggest HD. And it's not a big noisy vibrator.

Latest posts