Dreams that fizzle and die. . .

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daeouse

Stubbornly Optimistic!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
2022 Harley Sportster 883 (daily), 1986 GL 1200A "Wing Zero"
Trying to sell my Suzuki GS500 so I can use the funds to either buy a CX500 or an 80's Wing :beg: , but for some reason the market is dry around me. :fishin: :head bang:

Here I am trying to get on a Wing, and the world won't seem to cooperate! LOL!

Anybody interested in a project bike? :smilie_happy:

I hope so. I see 80's wings on Craigslist occasionally, but since I'm not an expert, it makes evaluating their condition very difficult. . .
Add to that the issues in selling the GS, and you can see where I'm having the issue. . .

Search around central alabama they are everywhere up here. Can usually pick up around $2800.. If your patient and willing to travel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175090#p175090:57jjel11 said:
nwhittemore07885 » 6 minutes ago[/url]":57jjel11]
Search around central alabama they are everywhere up here. Can usually pick up around $2800.. If your patient and willing to travel

Either that or get a friend who lives up there to bird-dog it for me then ship it. . . :headscratch:

Either way I'll keep my eyes open.

The good news is that there's a local Goldwing only shop a short drive away, so they could be an invaluable resource for finding a good Wing locally. . .

Where is it located? I travel to florida ALOT.. just got back from daytona 3 days ago

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175093#p175093:1q6cs9z4 said:
nwhittemore07885 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:01 pm[/url]":1q6cs9z4]
Where is it located? I travel to florida ALOT.. just got back from daytona 3 days ago

Where's home base for you? You don't have it listed. Good of you to offer help. BTW stored wings in non running condition often revive easily and sell pretty cheap. Often in the $500 range or less.

Home base is jasper alabama but we travel to daytona 3 or 4 times a yr . After my recent trip from hell i would love to know where a good shop or 10 are down there.

nwhittemore07885":h921ajeq said:

https://www.onwingsofgold.com/

They're tucked into a little corner off of SR 60 in Brandon. I've been by it a million times in my life and never knew it was there until about a year ago when I was delivering automotive paint to the shop next to them. . .

slabghost":h921ajeq said:
Where's home base for you? You don't have it listed. Good of you to offer help. BTW stored wings in non running condition often revive easily and sell pretty cheap. Often in the $500 range or less.

I live in Thonotosassa, which is about 20(ish) minutes north of Brandon via back-roads. . .

I see the $500 Wings occasionally on CL, however I have to get this %^&* Suzuki gone first! :head bang:
As soon as its gone, I'll look for one. The good news is that the owner of the Goldwing shop said he does appraisal calls if desired, so That could be useful. I'll definitely use both this forum and him as a resource to ensure I don't screw myself on the outset.

Well. . . this is very old. . . The GS got parted out, I've bought and sold two other bikes, and am currently buying a third. . .
A local shop has teased me with an old GW for a pittance, and even offered to deliver it. . . I may just take them up on the offer. . . I'll start a thread with pics of the potential bike when I get the chance. . .

Patience, my friends, I might get a chance to go look later this week. . .