Back up 12 volt power/ jump starter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up this jewel online on Black Friday for thirty bucks. It measures 6x3x1 so it's small enough to carry on the bike, says it will jump a car battery 20 times before recharge plus it comes with adapter to charge all the different phones and run a laptop computer and has an LED flashlight built in. It has 400 cranking amps an I believe it would likely keep a boxer engine running if you lost a stator while on the road. What cha think ?
IMG_2336.JPG

Those are very nice to have. We took 2 up to Alaska with us. It will jump a diesel engine.
I have found to recharge it about every 4 months.

I do not think you can drive with it.

You got a good price

I used the one I have to make it home a week or so ago when the alternator on the 1500 took a dump on me. It was night-time, too. I hooked it up, and used a bungie-cord to tie the jump box to the frame. It started the bike, and got me home...about 10 miles with no problem. I've had one for several years....wouldn't leave home without one these days, as it has saved my bacon plenty of times. The first one I had lasted about 2 years before one of the cells swelled up and s'ploded. This is the one I have now....

0111909_1

The trick to buying one is to get one that is rated to start a V8 engine, as some of them will not. Gotta read the specs. :good: Congrats on the good deal on that one!

I feel better having it for upcoming trips on the bike, anything to keep from being stranded on the side of the highway. With this, the air compressors and the stop & go tire plug kit, the worry tends to fade some.

I was continuing to check this devise out and noticed that the LED flashlight did not work. I contacted the seller thru Enay and explained the problem and ask if there was a fix that I could, the near nothing instructions did not go into replacing the bulb. He said very nicely that normally they ship another to you but they were out of stock for that one right now. He said I am prepared to make you an offer of refunding you ten dollars for the. As flashlight or they would ship me another one when they came. I left it up to them on which one to do, but I thought that was a pretty good.

Take the $10 as I spend more times turning the light on accidentally without actually ever using it. My iPhone makes a great torch/flashlight and I always know where it is.. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=184640#p184640:3lg0l6ao said:
backlander » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 pm[/url]":3lg0l6ao]
I feel better having it for upcoming trips on the bike, anything to keep from being stranded on the side of the highway. With this, the air compressors and the stop & go tire plug kit, the worry tends to fade some.

Uh oh. You shouldn't have said that!

Latest posts