I can think of a few more

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget Suzuki's adventure in the late 70's in to rotary engine for motorcycles if I remember Road Rider magazine took one for a extended ride , they had a few problems with oil consumption and I think a water leak (yes it's a water pumper) not sure how many were built but it never was a big hit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188613#p188613:97w3ma8v said:
Bigguy49 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:25 am[/url]":97w3ma8v]
Don't forget Suzuki's adventure in the late 70's in to rotary engine for motorcycles if I remember Road Rider magazine took one for a extended ride , they had a few problems with oil consumption and I think a water leak (yes it's a water pumper) not sure how many were built but it never was a big hit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

that was the re5 I mentioned.Great idea,the rotary was used in mazda cars successfully, but never in a motorcycle.It was listed as a 500 and suzuki wanted to race it.It actually had 3 rotors and the race people said no, because technically it could be considered a 1500. I lked the suzuki 380 and 550 3 cylinders but the middle cylinders holed pistons even with the ram air cooling.The best motorcycle I ever owned was a new 1973 suzuki 500 twin 2 stroke. It was voted best motorcycle in 1973.They tried to overheat it.Took it to death valley, ran it at its top speed 82 mph.It never overheated once.They nicknamed it the refridgerator.Left sided kickstart.Great bike.

Reading "Stealing Speed: The Biggest Spy Scandal in Motorsport History" Book by Mat Oxley. Interesting read about the evolution of 2-stroke technology. A lot of technology came out of the war for a host of industries.

Cheers

Rode one of Suzuki's 750 rotary's back in the 70's. :yes: Unbelieveable, how FAST it was!!! :shock:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188645#p188645:3bt9r2z1 said:
Denver » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 pm[/url]":3bt9r2z1]
Rode one of Suzuki's 750 rotary's back in the 70's. :yes: Unbelieveable, how FAST it was!!! :shock:
considering it had about 67 hp it did seem fast for that era.