riding my bike

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusierlover

Reaction score
I had a list of bikes I wanted to own.I have now owned several.A classic goldwing was always on the list.Now my beautiful 82 filled that box. But this is most likely the last goldwing i will own and possibly the last bike.But for good reasons.It is my 4th.Having owned 3 1500's before.This bike is so light, it needs no reverse.The new tires and progressive suspension makes it handle so well.I am in the process of cutting down the seat.I had a junk one i tried it on first.With that change i could now flatfoot it at a redlight.Then there is the floorboard issue.For the most part I hate them.i bought some pegs, should be here soon.No more dumb heeltoe thing or cumbersome boards.But the shifter remaining after taking the heeltoe arm off is not a stock configuration.It is tucked way in towards the motor.I can hardly get a toe under it.I will have to locate one if i dont have one in my spareparts boxes. I really like this motorcycle.Personally I wish honda had never gone to the 6 cylinder, and just improved the 4 cylinder.efi, electronic ignition, and some other things plus do not hide the drivetrain completely with plastic would have been nice.But our wings are way underpowered compared to the 1500 and 1800. My bike certainly isnt fast but traveling at a sustained 70 mph is effortless. Who knew they were this good?

Nice to read this review. There are mods you can do to increase power up to the 1500 level maybe. My 81 is surprisingly quick and seems quite happy at highway speeds. If you feel the need for more power there are ways to get there.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188332#p188332:mdeqpfmi said:
slabghost » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 pm[/url]":mdeqpfmi]
Nice to read this review. There are mods you can do to increase power up to the 1500 level maybe. My 81 is surprisingly quick and seems quite happy at highway speeds. If you feel the need for more power there are ways to get there.

I have found that modified engines are not reliable nor last as long.82 hp is enough for me.Plus the whole powerband is useable.When I owned a valkyrie it constantly needed to be hotrodded.It was too high strung to just cruise along.My first tank of gas with that bike i only got 99 miles.It was fun though.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188330#p188330:1sxt83p9 said:
crusierlover » Today, 12:30 am[/url]":1sxt83p9]
I had a list of bikes I wanted to own.I have now owned several.A classic goldwing was always on the list.Now my beautiful 82 filled that box. ... Who knew they were this good?
I did! Bought my '81 Interstate in the fall of '89 and thought it would be the last bike I would ever need. So far... :music:

...When I owned a valkyrie it constantly needed to be hotrodded.It was too high strung to just cruise along.My first tank of gas with that bike i only got 99 miles.It was fun though.

I don't know. I've "cruised along" about 16,000 miles on my Valkyrie in two years. From the Pacific Coast Highway to Utah and Colorado. 612 mile round trip to Antelope Canyon last weekend (on the Utah border). It is the most satisfying road bike I've ever owned. Yeah, it has limited range - but, so does my arse. I'm usually hitting reserve between 120 and 130 miles. Still have another 35'ish to go at that point. Plenty.

Latest posts