Valkyrie - Viking Exhaust

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony has been making me jealous with his videos with sound bites of his Valk (hot and cold). It made me think that a video with a Valkyrie with an aftermarket exhaust would be interesting to compare. These sixes sound really good with the stock 6-into-6 pipes, even thought they're heavily muffled. I was extremely lucky to find a nearly pristine Viking system - equal length ceramic-coated tubes dumping into 36"L by 4" diameter glass packs. I installed this system when I went with the OEM saddlebags - happily selling off the Cobra pipes that were on it. The Cobras are a whole 'nuther story. I wish I'd gotten a clip of the bike running with those puppies. Excedrin is a necessary component for rides with the Cobras.

...but the Vikings are not altogether "quiet" either. After the link loads, click on the image for full video and sound. This is a stone cold startup. (See the temp guage?):

https://goo.gl/photos/u4pnzfsVkAKkoubb7

That sounds a lot like my modified pipes on my IS...chopped the rear set of baffles off, slammed some stacks on, and peeled the cut off baffles and reinstalled them in the stacks for when I want it to be a little quiet.

Excellent sound. :good:
I am sure it's the same as my video in that they sound even better in real life.

Your Vikings sound nice and great score ! I have Samson Baffles installed with Stainless packing, purchased new in 2001 Hands down Viking is the best performance pipe period for the 1500 GL for sure These pipes are almost as hard to find as My RC Russ Collins header on my 1979 CBX 6 banger, After 5 months i have not seen this bike for a while... put away last November ....need to go look at them in storage this weekend :headscratch: , Have a little clip > [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTEQ3HIZbAM[/video]

Darn! Now I am not quite sure mine sounds like that! May have to have someone ride off with mine and ride back of course. If it doesn't sound like the Vikings, I may need to keep my eyes open for a pair! I know they are rare!

They look kinda nice, too!

IMG_4195 - Copy.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG

Latest posts