More Valkryie Stuff - Lower Rear Shocks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My OEM shocks were getting soft. Bottoming out when riding double with my gal (and we're not big people). I didn't want "budget" shocks and got sticker shock on some of the nice upper end offerings. I lucked into a really good deal on a pair of Progressive 430's. A couple of compromises. 1) They're black and chrome instead of full chrome. Not a perfect match for my bike, but not bad. 2) They're 11.5" (Stock is 13").

I don't ride the Valkryie that hard, but I do run a lot of very crooked roads. I'd really hate to scrape up the aforementioned Viking pipes that now hang pretty low. I guess there's only one way to find out. :cool: I will say that after a shakedown cruise today (no curves), the ride is MUCH MUCH improved. I knew I needed shocks, but I didn't realize how badly I needed them!
IMG_4995.JPG

Before-After.jpg

:good:
My Hagons are set pretty high and I haven bothered to change them as everything seems to work well atm. :yes:

Latest posts