Anniversary a month late!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Forum anniversary that is!

10 years ago in April is when I started this forum. Damn, time flies!

I think Aapple was the first to volunteer helping out as a moderator. Did you offer or were you drafted? :BigGrin:
We need more CGW trivia!

Happy anniversary CGW!

I know that this forum has been one of the main reasons my bike is still on the road! The tips and tricks learned over the years have saved me bundles of money. I wish I had found the forum 1 year sooner because we spent and re-spent money getting our girl restored and bought items we didn't need and threw away items we should have kept not knowing the value or need. In 2008, I came across the forum through a link in another forum after much going back and forth with this 1100 Guru on the other forum named Dan Filipi!

I saw he had a forum called Classic Goldwings and checked it out. Been here ever since! The advice, friendship, road trips and experiences have been great! :thanks:

I think you offered me a Mod job just so I would quit pestering you about moving this or that to the right forum.... :smilie_happy:
Actually, iirc, I became most involved after the great crash of '09. Lost a lot of data and members when that happened....Lawd...those were sad times....but you got it all fixed up, and here we are today! :clapping: :salute:
Happy Anniversary CGW!!! :party:

Yeah that "crash" was a major speed bump but we've gotten so much more since then.
Gallery got a make over and updated with a crapload of tech albums added. A lot of it from resources I've found on the web, a lot from the great members here making the effort to scan their own manuals in then sending it to me. Member submitted tips and tricks of their own....the list goes on.

The whole experience showed me how fragile data is and how important backups, and testing the backups are.
The database and files are backed up every morning to my home server with redundant drive arrays which also holds my other backups. From there they get sent to an encrypted cloud backup service. Emails confirm all processes have completed. Having changed host servers 4-5 times makes good backups doubly important to pull that off.

I've made many modifications to the forum, some very useful with others that haven't worked out as I expected but it's been fun. Input from the members and moderators have helped immensely.

Great group we have here and it's made me very happy that we've been able to have this forum to help each other. Helping others with no other agenda has always been my main intention and this forum has fulfilled that for me very well. Meeting a lot of great people and making more than a few new lifetime friends has been a major bonus!

Happy anniversary and thank you for all your effort. This forum is the reason I have 2 1/2 goldwings and I'm going to take one of them on a long-for-me tour.

Joining this forum was the real reason that my ride in August 2013 on the Rats Nest was so successful. I had the bike but it needed plenty of work before it was ready for a 6000 mile adventure with a fat Aussie on its back. Luckily Steve83 had joined a couple of months prior and after some serious sweet talking was able to make room in his garage to take on the Rats Nest and work his magic. Thank you Dan for creating an opportunity for me to meet some of the Oldwing greats, only 3 of you in person but it feels like I know plenty more even if we have not yet met face to face. :salute:

Just a little trip down my memory lane.
https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/v ... =82&t=5340
We can't forget that Steve went on to prepare an 82 for Dad to ride as well! :good:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=5755#p80510
Finally what it was all about. :clapping: :clapping: :moped: :moped: :moped:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6493#p92946