Replacing fork seals on the Hulk cb1300

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
My mate Pete has had a leaking LH fork seal on his CB1300 the Hulk pretty much since we put it on the road. We have tried the homemade sealmate and it really hasn't made too much of a difference. As there is a overnight ride soon he wanted to do the forks seals on the Hulk and he wanted to be able to do as much of the work himself, today turned out to be a good day for it. I decided that the bike lift would be the best place to work on it provided we could back the bike on and support it from the back wheel. We had to remove the wheel pinch clamp as it wasn't able to go wide enough to fit the rear wheel into. I had Pete leave the bike in gear and I s used a ratchet strap through the rear wheel and pulled it down against the over run bar.
I then used the scissor jack from the LPG RTV that I used yesterday to change the rear tyre to lift the front wheel off the deck so that we could remove the floor access plate. This really made the job fairly easy to do. I left Pete doing most of the work while I replaced the leather covers on the new seats for my RTV and just gave him a hand when he got stuck.

Pete had to pick up his girls from school at 1415 and as he didn't start until late I sent him home in my Forester. While he was gone I finished the seal installations and topped up with new oil ( 500ml per fork) and left them hanging for him to complete the job. He bought his youngest back in his car and completed the job on dark. I rode the Hulk home to his place and then drove home in my Forester. Pete rode to work yesterday on the Hulk and reports that it is all good. :good:

Latest posts